XPIInfo - combined plugin to get info about xpi-files

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

AlleyKat wrote:I can't get it working at all as contents plugin
This is very strange. TC must install XPIInfo as a content plugin automatically when opening downloaded archive.
AlleyKat wrote:About the files, I can't extract the one from narud (the wdx fails, and all my packers says 'file is destroyed'). Doesn't happen with the other one.
I've extracted all files from this archive without any errors. Can you verify checksum of the file from narod.ru? MD5 must be as the follows

Code: Select all

ca0f105b4a8786456b52f57fa407fa1e
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

About installing automatically: No, and I've never tried that with a .rar archive. Works great for .zip archives, thou. Maybe a setting somewhere else?

I installed it manually, and as far as I can tell it installed flawlessly - maybe I have something turned off somewhere that prevents content plugins from working? Or maybe my translation messes it up?

Anyway, I have a set of template files translated too, but I'm quite interested in those you've made extra for the russian Moz forum - any chance you could make an english translation of one or more of those too, so I can copycat those and maybe use it for our danish Moz forum? :D

File integrity:
When I pick up the file @ totalcmd, it's 337.339 bytes, CRC wdx_xpiinfo_1.1a.rar AAC321D4
When I pick up the file @ narud, it's 51.889 bytes, CRC xpiinfo.rar 33598413

[EDIT] Just re-downloaded from narud, the file now has the correct size again and works - I have no idea why I got a bad file with same size twice the first time I tried.

[EDIT 2] :roll: one of those days again... no, both files does not work. The working file I got from wincmd is wdx_xpiinfo_1.1a.rar AAC321D4 (337.339 bytes). This is the only file I got which works.

Keep up the good work.
Translate your favorite Mozilla Extension ~ Your Language Is Important Too.
#tcmd on irc.freenode.net - the place to idle
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

2AlleyKat
Hi! Thanks for great work!
Autoinstall:
I've seen that I broke autoinstall in this package by accident. I'm going to upload a correct package for a day or two.

File integrity:
Correct files have been uploaded to all sites. May be narod.ru restricts access to users with foreign IPs (non russian) but this is unlikely.

Templates:
First of all I should say I'm not the author of the russian Moz forum templates. They was made by russian community member stoneflash according to markup traditions of russian Moz community. I may ask him to make such package in English, but you can create templates yourself. They have no complicated structure or syntax and almost all template tags are used in packaged templates. Also you may read about tags on this page if you know Russian, of course.
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

2AlleyKat
Please, give me a link to a sample page with description of any extension on danish Moz forum. stoneflash shall make a template for such description in English...
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

Actually, the bbcode template tags could easily be made to fit the mozilladanmark forum too, if we end up with this in the forum - but we don't have a template at all at the moment (danish translated extensions live a quiet life I guess).

So, I'm just as much looking for inspiration to a good solution. ;)

I will patiently await new version.

Does the plugin somehow handle translated descriptions etc of the extensions too? Because that would be awsome and ensure it great popularity I think. Ghisler might just sell a few extra licenses via Babelzilla... :mrgreen:

About files, this sounds reasonable. A bit of a mystery why it always chops me off around 90 KB. Also, download from Narud breaks all low speed records here (below 0,5 kb/s), so it's probably some filters on that side.

About russian, unfortunately not a word. But I'm the dk translator of FoxLingo, so maybe I should go test the translations sites to their fullest... ;)
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

As far as I know, version of the plugin with Danish translation included would be presented tomorrow. But I have no any Danish templates to include them in new package...

XPIInfo doesn't support localized descriptions yet, but this feature have been added in ToDo list. Unfortunately I can't even surmise when it will be realized.
AlleyKat

Post by *AlleyKat »

OK, hmm maybe we should exchange mail adresses instead :) mine's alleykat at phpbb2.dk

Here you go:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="bbCode_da.tmpl"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="bbCode_da.tmpl"
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MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Text_da.tmpl"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Text_da.tmpl"
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SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

2AlleyKat
Thanks! Well, my e-mail (selarin at yandex.ru) are written on "Contacts" page in ReadMe.chm.
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

So, the plugin has been updated! Danish locale has been added with version 1.1b
TychoBarfy

Post by *TychoBarfy »

2SeLarin, as I saw in http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=10162&p=15 there some people are disappointed about my page being only in german.

Now I translated the download section into English, the other pages will be translated successively.

http://www.famlehm.de/deleteme/tychobarfy/files/index_en.html
The german lang file for XPIInfo is here: http://www.famlehm.de/deleteme/tychobarfy/files/XPIInfo_1.1_de.zip
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

2TychoBarfy
Hi! You are not right. On russian forum we didn't discuss your pages and nobody was disappointed about lack of English download page on your site.
But i would like to thank you for both translation of XPIInfo and links that your submitted at your post. I hope that you will be the author of German translation for all future versions of my plugin.
menet

Post by *menet »

Hi,

I don't know if you have seen my entry in BabelZilla about French translation of XPIInfo 8)

I don't know why, Once the XPIInfo plugin installed, I see no effect. Being on a XPI file on TC, the popup on this XPI file shows only the Type, Date and Size of the file; it is the same as others files. :(

Can you advise me how to obtain XPI infos ?

Best regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

Hm... I didn't recieve e-mail notifications about new messages from BabelZilla. However, I subscribed to replies in topic mentioned. This is strange. I think the truth is out there. :)

1. After instalation one should manually add XPIInfo as Lister-plugin in order to view info using Lister. Also this step is necessary to change options of the XPIInfo (they are available to change only from popup menu in Lister window).
2. Tootips should be configured by user: on the page "Display" in the Configuration window press "+" button in the right-bottom corner. In new window press "Add..." button, then in new window enter mask "*.xpi", press OK and enter in next window custom string for popup. I use next one: "[=xpiinfo.Name] [=xpiinfo.Version]\n[=xpiinfo.Description]\nFirefox: [=xpiinfo.Firefox Versions]\nThunderbird: [=xpiinfo.Thunderbird Version]"
menet

Post by *menet »

2SeLarin,

Thanks for your quick reply. :P

Point 2 to create Tool tips : Your explanation is good and help me to remember how to do it. You should include it in the ReadMe.chm.
I had used this functionality once but i didn't remember how to do it.

It is possible that it is already noted in Russian but I can't understand it. :?

For Point 1, it is not enough clear for me. I have tried to add it like a new Lister Plugin but I have not been successful because XPIInfo is not a WLX (it is a WDX). Can you explain more how to do to use it like a Lister ?

Regards :wink:
#22273 Personal licence
SeLarin

Post by *SeLarin »

2menet
Just treat XPIInfo.wdx as WLX and it will work. :) I have some reasons to include both parts (Lister+Content) in one file...