[OT] Quarrels

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

IMHO currently noone should bother posting any conntent on Totalcmd.net, since it has mutated to a honey pot for spam-bots and nerds posting comments not related to TC and plugins at all, due to lack of maintenance and moderation. :cry:

I for one refuse to post there anymore until the situation has improved.

________
Regards,
deus-ex

[mod]This and the following seven posts were split from new packer plugin: DIRCBM 0.8

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

since it has mutated to a honey pot for spam-bots and nerds posting comments not related to TC and plugins at all
This problem can be solved by denying ANY comments. We offered that to Ergo times ago.
Instead just write as Lefteous: "Support only here: <thread at this forum>".
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:This problem can be solved by denying ANY comments.
That's not a satifsfying solution at all. Totalcmd.net is meant as a place to discuss the hosted releases as well.

Protection against unwanted spam posts needs to be improved (posting by registered users only) and Ergo should offer moderator status to renowned users willing to look after totalcmd.net in order to keep the place clean. He alone seems not to be able to maintain both totalcmd.net and wincmd.ru with the same amount of time and dedication.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

(posting by registered users only)
That's complete nonsense. People are known to be lazy at registering. Those who aren't are already HERE, and so they can discuss plugins HERE. Why to have several places to discuss plugins? That's not convenient for authors.

BTW, introducing moderating to those comments requires some code rewriting (now only admins can delete the comments), and Ergo is busy - no time for that.
He alone seems not to be able to maintain both totalcmd.net and wincmd.ru with the same amount of time and dedication.
Actually, he does nothing for both sites for quite a time.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:That's complete nonsense.
Thank you for your friendly comment on my suggestion. I shall not bother further talking to you, if you cannot keep a discussion on a polite level.

Regarding the remainder of your post: If this is all fact, totalcmd.net/wincmd.ru's days as a serious platform for TC plugins, which i liked to visit, are counted.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

I shall not bother further talking to you, if you cannot keep a discussion on a polite level.
If you really wanted some polite level, then you should have started a new topic and should not produce OT. Any public centralised discussion is welcome - maybe THAT will make effect on Ergo and the programmer he hired to develop the site.
I suppose the topic of you both has a better place in an existing or new topic.
For moderators it is possible to split a topic into two ones. Actually, it's normal here :mrgreen:
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

XPEHOPE3KA wrote:If you really wanted some polite level, then you should have started a new topic and should not produce OT.
For one, this is a poor attempt to justify your insult, and at the same time you are insulting me right again by claiming i wouldn't really wanting a discussion on a polite level.

Going OT doesn't automatically conclude one being unpolite. I was trying to take the chance in this actual thread regarding totalcm.net to express my interested on that platform and my worries about it going down. I hoped to steer attention and to get some positive reactions, in order to do help getting totalcmd.net back to its former good state.

Since you seem to have difficulties keeping a friendly tone nor giving an excuse when its due, i refuse to talk with you any further.

@all:
Please accept my apologize for going OT.

_______
Regards,
deus-ex
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Going OT doesn't automatically conclude one being unpolite.
Really? We seem to live in different worlds. It's not only impolite, but it also violates the forum rules (well, noone cares though) and disturbs the conversation flow.
I was trying to take the chance in this actual thread regarding totalcm.net to express my interested on that platform and my worries about it going down. I hoped to steer attention and to get some positive reactions, in order to do help getting totalcmd.net back to its former good state.
For one, it's a poor attempt to justify your OT. (c)
Why to look for blabla chances when you are free to create a topic regarding www.totalcmd.net issues and say there what you want? It will certainly steer attention just because its title would be "speaking". Or did you want to have some major attention in the thread about a certain packer plugin? No chance, sorry (I even suppose that all this OT is not split yet just because no moderator noticed =) ). Or, just as a wild guess, did you want my attention (because I pop up here and there asking for totalcmd.net)? :roll:

Anyway, your post looked like (and actually is) simple moaning and antiadvertisement, that's why you got an impolite answer. It's easy to say that something is not good, it's a little harder to suggest how it all should be, but when it comes to concrete, responsible actions (like creating a topic and expressing one's feelings to the crowd), the enthusiasm disappears. Ideally, such reports should look like:
some USSR scientific official wrote:1. I have noticed that something got wrong, because 1). ...; 2). ...; 3). ... ...
2. In my opinion, the problem can be solved if the following actions would have been made: 1). ...; 2). ...; 3). ... ...
3. From these actions personally I can do the following: 1). ...; 2). ...; 3). ... ...
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

urmel1960 wrote:1) I gave a neutral error report coming from my OS because TC crashed
no you reported - sorry for being blunt - sh**.
YOu said TC crashes without providing what you where doing BEFORE the crash appeared - later you cleared it up by linking to another thread where its about faulty shell extensions...

Details are important and if you are using TC really for 15 years its a shame you dont understand that :(
urmel1960 wrote:3) I asked friendly to provide what else is needed from my side to examine the problem
And I answered that and you still didnt provided any details concerning your problem or what OS you are using....
And your Thread-Title is very pointless too....
urmel1960 wrote:5) As always in life it could be a bug in the dll from openlimit but of course it also could be a bug in TC as well ..
Look around the forum and you will recognize that most of the right-click-crashes come from bad coded software...
Nobody should sit on high horses even if he is calling himself "Sir" .
Excuse me for expecting "TC crashes when I am doing xyz and abc. I am using LookOut 8 as OS, 64Bit" instead of "OMG! TC Crashes all the time! Help me now!"
Expecting someone to use the search seems out of the question anyway these days :(

[mod]One can be helpful without being obnoxious. I have asked you several times to be more polite. Does not seem to work. A seven-day ban is the next step, starting from now.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]

[mod]This and the following two posts have been moved from [TC801RC5] Program crashes very often.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]

[mod]8.8.2012
Ban lifted. Next time the ban will be permanent.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
urmel1960

Post by *urmel1960 »

@Hacker:

Thanks.

Kind regards, Urmel
REKACHUF

Post by *REKACHUF »

urmel1960 wrote:@Hacker:
Thanks.
And that helped how?
You still didnt say jack how you brings TC to crash but probably you dont CARE at all to solve your problem otherwise you would have turned your brain on by now.

Aber wie sagte schon ICFU so schön zu Dir Hacker: :!: siktir git :!:
:twisted:
Wenn Du weiter willst das nur Idioten Crap posten wie diesen ist das genau der richtige Weg zu Deiner Insel - viel Spaß :!:

[mod]Banned, too. :roll:

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]