iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 launched

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 launched

Post by *tbeu »

Using the .Net WFX Wrapper from Josef Semera and the SharePodLib from Jeff Harris I gave C# plugin development a try. Plugin development was pretty easy then. In result I can release the very first version of the iPodNet file system plugin for TC.

Download: wfx_iPodNet_1.0.0.2.zip
Readme: Readme_iPodNet.txt
Source: wfx_iPodNet_src_1.0.0.2.zip

There are some bugs and limitations, however most of them are due the .Net Wrapper class library which unfortunately seems to be no longer maintained.

I know, there is already an outdated iPod WFX released by Jonas Bähr. This plugin does not support the latest iTunesDB database versions whereas my new plugin (hopefully) does.
Last edited by tbeu on 2008-02-11, 21:32 UTC, edited 5 times in total.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.6.
TC plugins: Autodesk 3ds Max / Inventor / Revit Preview, FileInDir, ImageMetaData (JPG Comment/EXIF/IPTC/XMP), MATLAB MAT-file Viewer, Mover, SetFolderDate, Solid Edge Preview, Zip2Zero and more
guent peer

Post by *guent peer »

Thank you very much - great plugin! I can confirm that the new version works with the new iPod classic despite of the changes in the database.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

guent peer wrote:Thank you very much - great plugin! I can confirm that the new version works with the new iPod classic despite of the changes in the database.
Hacking the hash of the latetest iTunesDB was done by Will. What a great job :!:

Please mind the :arrow: open issues with the latest iPod generation and SharePodLib 3.6.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.6.1. You need to download wfx_iPodNet_1.0.0.1.zip again.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.1 with SharePodLib 3.6.3

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.6.3. You need to download wfx_iPodNet_1.0.0.1.zip again.
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tbeu »

C# source code released: wfx_iPodNet_src_1.0.0.1.zip.
unkis17

Interested in the plug-in

Post by *unkis17 »

Tbeu,

I dug out my old oringinal iPod shuffle and was going to this this a try. I got it installed, but got a fatal error and it closed TC on me. I guess I should start with the odvious, do you need iTunes installed on the PC to use this plug-in?

I'm really looking for a plug-in that doesn't need iTunes installed. I have heard of one for winamp, but I just got rid of winamp these days to use Media Show.

Unkis
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Interested in the plug-in

Post by *tbeu »

unkis17 wrote:Do you need iTunes installed on the PC to use this plug-in?
No, iTunes is not required to be installed. Did you install the .NET Framework 2.0 on your PC?
unkis17

Post by *unkis17 »

Tbeu,

I got my part of my problem resolved. I have it work now. Obviously without iTunes. As it turned out I couldn't successfully install it on my U3 drive (yet), but I have it installed locally and it all work ok. I have to get it working on my U3 Drive and yet another happy TC user.

Unkis
tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 with SharePodLib 3.6.4

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.6.4.

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 with SharePodLib 3.8

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.6.8.

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 with SharePodLib 3.8.1

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by the latest SharePodLib 3.8.1

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 with SharePodLib 3.8.4.5

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by using the latest SharePodLib 3.8.4.5

tbeu
Power Member
Power Member

iPodNet file system plugin 1.0.0.2 with SharePodLib 3.8.6

Post by *tbeu »

The plugin has been updated by using the latest SharePodLib 3.8.6