Missing context menu items in Japanese XP Pro, 32bit

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Naruki

Missing context menu items in Japanese XP Pro, 32bit

Post by *Naruki »

I've posted this in a couple topics that are either unrelated or abandoned, so I'm creating a new topic. Sorry if this is inappropriate.

I have TC 7.04a running on my Japanese WinXP Pro PC. If I right click on a file or folder, I get the context menu.

Comparing it to the context menu from Windows Explorer I note the following:
1) Both have all of the standard Windows items, except TC changed the "Open" command to be the name of the selected file
2) Both show the custom items (in English) from 7-zip, AVG, & TextPad
3) TC only has added the options "View (Lister)" and "Pack files"

BUT
4) TC only does not show the TortoiseSVN items

This is the 32bit version of TortoiseSVN. I also installed the same one in English XP Pro, and they display just fine in TC.

I also have Japanese Vista Ultimate 64bit, but using the English language pack. 32bit Tortoise options display in TC just fine there, too.

---
On the Japanese XP Pro, I tried uninstalling Tortoise AND TotalCommander, deleting the registry entries and INI files, and then installing clean. Absolutely no change.

I did note that Tortoise options do not appear if I use the File-Open dialog from Notepad, although I don't know if that is important here, since English XP Pro works as expected.

Is this a TC bug, or does anyone know what else I can try?
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Naruki wrote:I did note that Tortoise options do not appear if I use the File-Open dialog from Notepad, although I don't know if that is important here, since English XP Pro works as expected.
TortoiseSVN:The Settings Dialog, Icon Overlays Page
By default, overlay icons and context menus will appear in all open/save dialogs as well as in Windows Explorer. If you want them to appear only in Windows Explorer, check the Show overlays and context menu only in explorer box.
You've got what you want? :wink:

HTH
Holger
Naruki

Post by *Naruki »

2HolgerK

Cor blimey! I changed that setting and no effect, but then I rebooted and it works!

Thank you, sir! (or possibly madam, I am not too familiar with your name) But thank you!
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Naruki wrote:sir! (or possibly madam..
Maybe It :lol:
... I am not too familiar with your name)

Regards,
:arrow: Hólmgeirr