more finger friendly version

Support for PocketPC and WinCE version

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

kamerunka

more finger friendly version

Post by *kamerunka »

hello, are you planning to made tc for ppc more finger friendli?
for example bigger and ticker icon and menu bars, also directory navigation bar at the top?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I'm considering it, although I don't currently see how I can do this without losing a lot of functions...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
pbelcl

testing on HTC Touch HD 2 - Problems to hit buttons

Post by *pbelcl »

hi christian,
i am testing the last beta of TTC Pocket on my new HTC Touch HD2.

as this device has a capacitive display there is no more stylus!!

so i try to use ttc just on my fingertips and therefore i habve som problems to hit some buttons.

special the treee butons on the left top to navigate back in folders is nearly impossible to use.

maybe there is a beta version i can test, is a little more finger friendly ?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

What would you suggest? I could make all buttons larger, but then there wouldn't be much space left for the file list...
pbelcl

einige Knöpfe größer machen

Post by *pbelcl »

Hallo Christian,
Ich hab bemerkt dass man hier auch deutsch schreiben kann ;-)

In der Praxis wäre es hilfreich die drei Schaltflächen "\" , "..", und ">" links oben so groß zu machen dass man sie mit den Fingern auch treffen kann.
Ein etwas größerer Zeilenabstand in der Fensteransicht wäre auch von Vorteil, möglicherweise mit einer Möglichkeit das irgendwo einzustellen.

Die Icons in der 2 Symbolleiste lassen sich brauchbar bedienen, aber die Menüs "File" und "Show" sowie die Icons daneben sind sehr schwer zu treffen. Da wär ebenfalls eine etwas vergrößerte Leiste hilfreich.

Bei der Gelegenheit gleich ein grosses Lob, denn ich nutze den TTC am PC sowie auch am Pocket PC sehr gerne!
Leider ist das der Trend der Zukunft und ich fürchte dass immer mehr Geräte OHNE Stift auf den Markt kommen werden und dann kann man tolle Programme, wie Deines, nicht mehr bedienen ;-((
Ich weiß auch wieviel Arbeit es ist solche Programme "Fingerfreundlich" zu machen, und denke dass gerade im TTC dadurch viel Übersicht verloren gehen wird.

Ich würde es daher auch verstehen wenn Du den TTC so läßt wie er ist.....
gbusch

Post by *gbusch »

I can read German fluently, but since English is my native language, I find it easier to respond to Paul's comments in English.

Firstly, all of the so-called "finger-friendly" apps that I have tried are still nearly impossible for me to use on my Axim x51v without the stylus. My fingers are not much bigger than anyone else's, but I make lots of mistakes if I use them on buttons and icons, no matter how large. Keyboard entries are even more difficult. I've tried a larger virtual keyboard, the one by Pocket CM, but it wasn't very helpful, and was missing the much-needed CTRL key, among other things.

For that reason, I intend to keep using my current device for as long as it will last. I've diligently backed up all of the great programs I've acquired for it, too, and TC Pocket has always been at the top of the list!

Anyway, I agree with Paul that modifying TC Pocket in an attempt to follow the latest trends would likely degrade an excellent piece of software that has been enhanced many times over -- I've been following its development since 2003.

Gerry
aghost

Just an Idea?!

Post by *aghost »

Would it be possible to make a kind of popup frame with quick select options\icons?
And is it possible to build in a slide left <-> right gesture to switch between virtual windows?
pbelcl

Re: Just an Idea?!

Post by *pbelcl »

aghost wrote:Would it be possible to make a kind of popup frame with quick select options\icons?
And is it possible to build in a slide left <-> right gesture to switch between virtual windows?
Great idea! specially the slide gesture would be great!!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, the slide gesture sounds like a great idea! I cold combine the 3 buttons into just one, and when you click it, a popup menu opens downwards with the 3 options, plus maybe a Windows and close button.
pbelcl

Post by *pbelcl »

ghisler(Author) wrote:I cold combine the 3 buttons into just one, and when you click it, a popup menu opens downwards with the 3 options, plus maybe a Windows and close button.
this sounds also like a great idea!
let us try this when you finished implementing ;-)
aghost

Post by *aghost »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Yes, the slide gesture sounds like a great idea! I cold combine the 3 buttons into just one, and when you click it, a popup menu opens downwards with the 3 options, plus maybe a Windows and close button.
That would be great. can't wait to try it! :D very curious how it would perform on HD2
pbelcl

Slider with finger

Post by *pbelcl »

hi christian,

Ich habe herausgefunden dass beim schieben mit den Fingern von links nach rechts die Fileliste geblättert wird. Vielleicht kann man diese Funktion so ändern dass die Fileliste duch Schieben nach oben/unten geblättert wird. Und mit schieben von rechts/links die Fenster gewechselt werden.
Es wäre schade wenn die bisherige Funktion verloren ginge!
Was hältst Du davon?

english:
i found a hidden funtion in TTC.
when you slide left and right then the filelist slides.
maybe you can change this function to slide horizintally and use the left/right slide to change the window view?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm, that sounds like a function of the used ListView control...
pbelcl

Post by *pbelcl »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Hmm, that sounds like a function of the used ListView control...
Sorry ich tu mir in deutsch leichter ;-)

Das bedeutet dass diese Funktion von einem Windows Control ausgeführt wird? Ich habs heute nochmal auf einem Samsung Omnia II ausprobiert, funktioniert dort auch, aber nicht so geschmeidig wie auf dem HTC HD2!

Hilft das was ??
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ja, ich vermute, dass das vom System selbst gemacht wird, wenn man ein Listview-Control benutzt - das ist ein vordefiniertes Steuerelement zum Anzeigen von Listen aller Art. TC Pocket benutzt das Listview-Control, um die Dateilisten anzuzeigen.