Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

Well, after reading all these posts in this thread, it's time for me to jump in here. I have been using computers since the early dawn of time ( Commodore C64 days ), and I feel older than dirt. :-)

Anyway, my second most important program is As-U-Type, from www.fanix.com . Why is this program so GREAT? Well, that's easy to answer. I'm thinking we have all tried a number of spell-checking programs in our day, but nothing compared to this one!! If you are lazy, like me, then this is the program for you.

Most spell-checkers will monitor what you are typing, and if you make a mistake, it will underline or highlight the incorrect word. This lets you know that you have made a mistake, and that you need to correct it. You then usually have to do a right-click and correct the mistake.

Not so with As-U-Type. This program will realize any spelling error, and then will correct it for you automatically, right then and there! You do nothing, just keep on typing the rest of your article.

It doesn't get any better than that, folks!! :lol: There is a free 30-day trial of the program, so if anyone is interested, I would suggest you give it a try.

I bet it becomes one of the most important programs on your computer, next to TC, of course!!! :D

Thanks for your time.
Clo

Semi-joke---

Post by *Clo »

2Jaguarist
:D Hello!
:cry: They have not the same in French ... :cry:
:lol: Like I told you already some days ago, it's almost impossible in French... And automatic-translators are the best mean to die laughing!
:? It's a pity...
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Jaguarist

Re: Semi-joke---

Post by *Jaguarist »

Clo wrote:2Jaguarist
:? It's a pity...
:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
Hello, Clo. Yes, it is a pity that the program does not support other languages. Maybe in the future?

However, for those who know and use English, this is a superior program. :wink:

Jag
Randy

Post by *Randy »

This may be peculiar to me but I tend to avoid spellcheckers in general because I believe they promote laziness in spelling. Why bother to learn how to spell when your computer does it for you? This could, possibly, be part of the rise of illiteracy (or, at the very least, functional illiteracy) in America. This may be different for the rest of the world but, in America, kids can barely spell anymore and don't care to learn. When I am uncertain of a word's spelling, I reach for my Shorter OED (or my Oxford Hachette French Dictionary, when writing in French) which is right next to my computer.

This is just my opinion, however!
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

Randy wrote:This may be peculiar to me but I tend to avoid spellcheckers in general because I believe they promote laziness in spelling.

(Respectfully Snipped)

This is just my opinion, however!
I agree with you, Randy! However, at my age, I'll just let the spellchecker do it's job. And as I've honestly stated on more than one occasion here, I am a lazy person. :lol:

So, for all the lazy, too old to learn, people out there, As-U-Type is an excellent program to overcome those shortcomings!
Leif

Post by *Leif »

Jaguarist wrote:I have been using computers since the early dawn of time ( Commodore C64 days ), and I feel older than dirt. :-)
That makes two of us! Good old Boulder Dash and Lode Runner, eh! LOL
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

Leif wrote:
Jaguarist wrote:I have been using computers since the early dawn of time ( Commodore C64 days ), and I feel older than dirt. :-)
That makes two of us! Good old Boulder Dash and Lode Runner, eh! LOL
Absolutely !! And don't forget our favorite computer interface, the venerable CLI. ( Command Line Interface, for you youngsters ) :wink:

Ah yes, the memories..... I thought I was really something back then, when I installed my first 300baud modem.. hehe And then doing the mods to those 1571 drives, so that we could use both sides of the floppy disk without having to notch them...

How things have changed, eh? 8)
Randy

Post by *Randy »

OPEN 15,8,15,"N0:NEWDISK,01":CLOSE 15

etc.
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

Randy wrote:OPEN 15,8,15,"N0:NEWDISK,01":CLOSE 15

etc.
That's the ticket !!! 8)
Raymond

Post by *Raymond »

Black Dog wrote: It looks like you are not much familiar with TAR... What does it mean - "powerful"? Be more specific.
Well yes, I'm not familiar with TAR and just check its HELP file and take a quick try. Seems MCL can do everything TAR does. MCL supports macros, though TAR also can execute several commands by alias. The good of TAR is all its configurations are saved as INI files, MCL writes directly into registry. MCL is smaller, in my computer it's about 500k, TAT is around 3M.
Is there anything TAR over MCL? Pls tell me if I missed anything.
drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

is anyone using an offline web reader like leech ? Should be freeware and be able to time its downloads. Leech even bothers me every ten minutes in its trial period so I uninstalled it. Won´t buy a program that does not let me try it freely for a month.
Clo

Perhaps...

Post by *Clo »

2drpiety
:D Hello,

¤ I encountered the same problem using Navroad or Likse by Faico ™...
http://www.faico.net
• The best benefits of such viewers is that they don't use any IE resource, and are light at program size.
• Inconveniances are that the whole HTML 4.x norm isn't really quite supported, and you can't get them for free...
• However, I guess that the "Shareware" bothering message is once when you start, and another when you close...

¤ Or else, you could get for free my usual HTML editor Helios (special version...) in which there is a Web viewer:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/charries/relais/patching.htm
¤ Hoping that'll help you,
:mrgreen: kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]On 14-01-2004 06:20:37 +0000 Raymond wrote:

R> Is there anything TAR over MCL?

Are you kidding?! TAR to MCL is like Commander to Explorer - just open Configuration of both. Sorry, but it will take too much time to tell about all TAR advantages. It looks like your "quick try" was too quick :).[/face]
drpiety

Post by *drpiety »

thanks clo but i am in need of an offline browser that downloads a complete webpage overnight for me.
The problem is that the webpage that i use everyday is awfully slow so I want to download and update it daily overnight. -for free if possible ?!
Jaguarist

Post by *Jaguarist »

drpiety wrote:thanks clo but i am in need of an offline browser that downloads a complete webpage overnight for me.
The problem is that the webpage that i use everyday is awfully slow so I want to download and update it daily overnight. -for free if possible ?!
You might try http://www.trustmeher.net/freeware/offlinebrowsers.htm

There are several free offline browsers to choose from, and one of them just might do the trick for you. Hope this helps you. :)

Jag