links in UNIX throughout TC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jc_britos

links in UNIX throughout TC

Post by *jc_britos »

Hi,

I am working with tc in UNIX HP environment.
The TC shows me the lnk files like directories.
I can not edit it.
Anyone knows how I can edit this links?

and , What do I have to do if I want filter the links?

Thanks a lot
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

try to press [alt]+[enter] or [shift]+[F6] to edit a link. It's just a guess, because I've no Unix/linux environment to test.

sheepdog
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Unfortunately links to files and directories look EXACTLY the same. Therefore TC assumes that links containing a dot either in the link name or link target point to files, those without point to folders. This is working for most Windows-related FTP sites, but not for pure Unix sites. Any better ideas?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
jc_britos

Post by *jc_britos »

Dear Chris,

Is it possible to filter the links? because I have a lot of links and a few files. There is a problem when I need to get the file because I have to down a lot

thanks

PS: Unix shows links with character "l" and directories with the character "d"... so Why do you say that directories and links looks EXACTLY the same?
sqa_wizard
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *sqa_wizard »

Unix shows links with character "l" and directories with the character "d"... so Why do you say that directories and links looks EXACTLY the same?
UNIX shows links to a directory with "l" and links to files with a "l" too.
So it is difficult to decide which icon to display and how to handle a doubleclick without tracing each link. (bad performance)

May it would help to ignore the icon, but decide the handling mode by tracing just this certain link at the moment of pressing ENTER or doubleclick on a link.
I mean : follow a directory link independent of its notation (dot or not) just by tracing the link and evaluating the target attributes.

This would not cost any performance like tracing each link in advance, but grant a correct handing of directory links.

It just have to be coded ...
#5767 Personal license
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

2jc_britos
Sorry, you can't hide links, but you can recognize them by the 'L' shown in the attributes column.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com