how do i select things?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

amigabill

how do i select things?

Post by *amigabill »

Just learned about tc and installed it to droid4/android 2.3.6. I don't understand how to select a file or folder. Touch folder goes into it to list its contents. Doesn't hilite or checkbox the folder. Touch filenames and nothing happens. Do we have to keep ucing the sel toolbutton and search by name to get a select (green checkmark)?[/list]
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hello amigabill,
Touch the icon.

HTH
Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
amigabill

Post by *amigabill »

Aha, thank you!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

When you tap on the "Select" button for the first time, you get a big dialog which explains that you can select files by tapping on the icon. There is also a hint in that dialog which is shown every time. Where else should I show that???
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Bri3008

Post by *Bri3008 »

hi
i use android v4.2.2 on tv using rikomagic mkiv and a rii wifi keyboard that doesn't appear to have a insert key that i sometimes use on my pc to select files...right mouse key doesn't select either.
when i press the file icon it plays video and i can't figure out how to only select it to delete it
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

You can also use the space bar to select files.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Bri3008

file select problem

Post by *Bri3008 »

Thanks for quick reply
Space bar didn't work on Rii wifi keyboard.
Eventually found that hyphen(-) key worked by giving me search\select options (not perfect but usable).
Totcmd is my most used program on win8.1 pc since i purchased it as Wincmd some 8 or 9 year ago.
Now i can use it fully on android as well; although the win version is better by far.
a great program
Xtrician

Post by *Xtrician »

ghisler(Author) wrote:When you tap on the "Select" button for the first time, you get a big dialog which explains that you can select files by tapping on the icon. There is also a hint in that dialog which is shown every time. Where else should I show that???
Hi,
Maybe you should consider view white squares near any cell.
Elad