Mp4 playing interrupted by screen off

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hammillian7

Mp4 playing interrupted by screen off

Post by *Hammillian7 »

I have a queue with several mixed MP3 and MP4 files. If I switch the screen off (by short pressing the power button) and an MP3 is being played, it keeps on playing. However, if I swith it off when playing the MP4 file, playing is interrupted until I switch it on again. (both with earphones and speaker).

PS: with 2.05 beta 2

Is it a bug?

Thanks.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

No, mp4 files are seen as video files, even if they don't have a video track - playing a video with screen off doesn't make sense, so the Android player control pauses the playback.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hammillian7

When screen off, pause just video files not in a list.

Post by *Hammillian7 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:No, mp4 files are seen as video files, even if they don't have a video track - playing a video with screen off doesn't make sense, so the Android player control pauses the playback.
I understand your reason, which is perfectly correct.

One would have to choose between films being paused when screen off, which probably is the best option or musical clips kept on when screen off, which for me, and probably for most music fans, is the best option with musical clips.

I think the discriminating fact might be being part of a list: if the video file is in a list, I wouldn't pause it when screen off; if it is played alone, I would.

It happens that, for me, the video part of the musical clips is much secondary: I may like to watch it a few times at the beginning, but, then, what I like is to listen to the music, which is the important part. So, I would like the list player to treat them just as audio files.

I don't know if my opinion is or isn't majoritary, but I would suggest to modify TC behaviour in this sense.
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13