Connecting to ownCloud with WebDav plugin fails

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Roi

Connecting to ownCloud with WebDav plugin fails

Post by *Roi »

Hello,

unfortunally I cannot connect to ownCloud using the WebDav Plugin (latest beta from the forum here as well as the 2.06 official version).

The URL is https://domain.tld/remote.php/webdav/

The windows shows "reading directory" (Lese Verzeichnis), beneath I see certificate information and beneath that I see the URL in the form of ///WebDAV/ConnectionName/remote.php/webdav/

Nothing more happens. I also do not see much in the access.log of Apache. Only one connect to the above URL, that's it.

Cheers,
Roi
mankokoma

had also some problems with webdav to owncloud...

Post by *mankokoma »

I'm using owncloud with dynip-domain (from no-ip.com).

1. I have to tick "Connections via phone" in WebDAV <settings> (otherwise no connection over mobile data is possible, because of always complaining to switch on wifi)

2. I can't connect with the Domainname when I'm INSIDE the WIFI network of the "Home-Server" (Opensuse, Apache2). That one I solved it with one configuration with the (private https://192.168..../owncloud...) IP-address. Then it connects when at HOME.

Another workaround is to switch off wifi in the phone and use mobile data (which I think is stupid at home why I prefer the second configuration with IP-address)

2. When outside home I can use mobile data connection OR from within another Wifi to connect to the (dynip)...no-ip.biz Domain. No problem.

And of course you'll need to teach the router the correct route to the server...

hmm... rented root-server?
- firewall ports ?
- owncloud connection with browser (from phone) possible?
Roi

Post by *Roi »

Thank you for your answer.

I tried it via wifi, and it did not work. It is a rootserver I rented but for sure the OC installation works, also WebDAV works, which is used by the Windows OC client software.

Also the connection from the phone itself via browser works.