No access to external SD from TC 2.05b5 in rooted Wiko phone

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mrwarper

No access to external SD from TC 2.05b5 in rooted Wiko phone

Post by *mrwarper »

Hi everyone, life-long 'Commander's user here, long time on-and-off TC user (sorry, I just prefer the text UIs I grew up with), new to both Android and its TC version (which makes living in Android a bit more bearable). Self-intro over.

I own a new shiny Wiko Highway phone, which I promptly rooted after upgrading to the latest FW version, so I am running KitKat 4.4.2 with full access rights now.
As it turns out, Total Commander (2.05 public beta 5) sees 'something' is attached to my phone USB port when I plug an SD card reader into it, but I can't access the card contents through TC.

TC shows an icon labeled 'USB' on its home screen, reports 1.8G of free space out of 1.8G (which is just about right), and says the icon points to /storage/usbotg. Both /storage/usbotg and /storage/sdcard1 appear empty from TC, though. The few files I put on the external card can be accessed normally through the crappy internal file manager (which provides no mount point).

I am able and willing to provide as many technical details as necessary, as well as to test 'stuff' on a couple more phones (same brand and model).
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Try finding the path manually, it may be elsewhere like under /mnt, or another path under /storage.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
mrwarper

Post by *mrwarper »

It seems not be visible/accessible to TC. I copied an SKP file (a type unlikely to exist in the phone file system) from the external card to the internal storage using the system file manager. I then switched to TC and proceeded to search for *.skp starting from /, and only the copy in the internal storage (/storage/sdcard0) was found.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

What's the path in internal file manager?
mrwarper

Post by *mrwarper »

As I said, the system file manager doesn't report the path. However, other applications (f.e. Advanced Permission Manager) will let me browse the file system and, surprisingly*, the right path is /storage/usbotg, so TC is *almost* there (right path, right size and freespace, just no files).

*There's also a /storage/sdcard1 directory, but that one is empty at all times.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can you post the content of your /proc/mounts file? TC looks up the mounted disks there. I assume that it has a format which TC doesn't yet understand.
mrwarper

Post by *mrwarper »

Sure, here it is:
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
rootfs / rootfs ro,seclabel,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,seclabel,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,seclabel,relatime 0 0
selinuxfs /sys/fs/selinux selinuxfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
none /sys/fs/cgroup tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=750,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/secure tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=700 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,seclabel,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/emmc@android /system ext4 ro,seclabel,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,data=ordered 0 0
/emmc@usrdata /data ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/emmc@cache /cache ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,discard,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/emmc@protect_f /protect_f ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,data=ordered 0 0
/emmc@protect_s /protect_s ext4 rw,seclabel,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodelalloc,noauto_da_alloc,commit=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:8 /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0 vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:8 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/sdcard0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:1 /mnt/media_rw/usbotg vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1023,gid=1023,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/usbotg fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
----8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<--------8<----
The last two lines (the relevant ones I guess) are added on attaching SD readers to the phone USB port, but I can't see the difference between them and the ones for sdcard0.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, I will check it. It may be the unusual name "usbotg". Manufacturers seem to immagine new names every day to make it harder for software to find the drives...