SFTP plug-in Connection issues...UserAuthException - methods

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

bazil

SFTP plug-in Connection issues...UserAuthException - methods

Post by *bazil »

hello,

I seem to keep getting my posts withheld because I'm trying to describe a pathname as part of the servername field in my issue report, so I'll leave that out this time..

In any case, here is another attempt...Thanks again for producing such an excellent product, I've used TC for Android for a couple of years now and have no difficulty with it, recently, I've needed to use it for SFTP access to my service provider's servers.

When I attempt to make a connection, I am getting the following error:
UserAuthException: Exhausted available authentication methods.

I've verified that I have access to the site in question using WinSCP, perhaps my syntax in the "ServerName" field is incorrect or missing something.

from the text above the entry field, it appears that I can enter the site name followed by a colon, the port number, concatenated with the directory and subdirectory names where my service provider has placed my site files. No joy however.

Please advise,

Thanks

SB :shock:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

This means that the server uses a method for logging in which isn't supported by the SFTP plugin. What kind of server is it?

Btw, the plugin supports only SFTP (file transfer over SSH2), not the older SCP.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
bazil

Re: UserAuth Error

Post by *bazil »

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm using DreamHost as my provider, I believe they are using their own version of Debian with some virtualization tech, probably VMWare (as I've met a few of their admins at VMW events.)

Good to know about the SCP issues...and thanks for the report.

I've since found a client which does work with their system...but I'll be in touch with them to find out exactly what they are using and when they get back to me, I'll update my post.

Take Care...keep up the good work!

Baz... :lol:
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, please keep me informed.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com