mp4 files aren't included in play list when playing a dir

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Hammillian7

mp4 files aren't included in play list when playing a dir

Post by *Hammillian7 »

I have a directory with mixed mp3 and mp4 files (actually, this happens with just mp4 files). I want to play the whole dir in the TC Media Player (it would also be convenient to be able to send the whole dir contents to another android Media Player):

I hold the dir name and press either "Play in background" or "Add to queue": mp3 files are included in the list, but mp4 files are not. However, if I hold just the individual mp4 file, it is included in the list and played.

It seems a bug to me. Isn't it?

PS: with 2.05 beta 2
Thanks,
Jose

Nubia Redmagic 7Pro with non-rooted Android 13
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

These functions only add files to the queue which are of type audio/*. The mp4 files are of type video/*, therefore they will not be included by these functions.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

ghisler(Author) wrote:These functions only add files to the queue which are of type audio/*. The mp4 files are of type video/*, therefore they will not be included by these functions.
I understand the reason, and that it's a deliberate behaviour, not a bug.

However, as I've replied in another related post, for me the important part of musical video clips is the music. About automatically including the video files in play lists, having into account that already they are included when selected alone, I think that it would be more convenient (and perhaps even simpler to program and to be understood by users) not to exclude them from the file set selected for inclusion. I think that, actually, it's what we users expect, accustommed to, for example, VLC player, which includes media files without discriminating out the video files.

I think it would be more practical and convenient. So, I suggest the modification of TC behaviour in this sense.
Thanks,
Jose

Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

its not tc pausing the clip but android...
Hoecker sie sind raus!
Hammillian7

Post by *Hammillian7 »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:its not tc pausing the clip but android...
I supose this msj should be in my other parallel post about video playing being paused when screen off.

Anyway, it's a usuful clarification. I don't remember now whether other android media players suffer the same effect.

Here, I suggest that TC doesn't exclude out the video clips from play lists, and this would be convenient (at least, for me, but I imagine, for many) even if video playing is paused by android.

Thanks,
Thanks,
Jose

Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

[mod]Removed quote containing spam. Thanks for noticing, Horst.Epp.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]

Please stop advertising in this forum.
Also its of course not a solution for this problem.