REQ: Add "select item" to context menu

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

harlekin

REQ: Add "select item" to context menu

Post by *harlekin »

I am using the android aversion of Total commander on my Fire TV - where my primary mode of navigating is using its remote or a controller.

Total Commander is completely usable on the device except for one very unnerving thing. I cant mark any item or folder - because this is only a touch action within the program. I can use a mouse emulator on my Android phone to work around it, but it is tedious. A simple action item in the context menu "select/unselect item" would solve all of this.

So could you, please - add one?

Thank you so much -

h.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

OK, I will check that - I will need to find a way to detect the fire TV and Android TV, though.

Currently you can select files with the space bar if you use a keyboard, but the fire TV remote doesn't have that key.

I think it would be best to have option "ENTER=Select" to select multiple files. Then you could press the center button multiple times to select files, and then long press to go back to the context menu.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
harlekin

Post by *harlekin »

Thank you very much for considering the implementation. :) A menu item probably would almost suffice though - as you normally dont do very "select intensive" tasks on those devices. Its just that f.e.to unzip a file, you need to have it selected first.

Although a more thoughtful implementation sure would be great. :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Well, if you would want to select e.g. 100 files, it would be a pain to open the context menu 100 times.

Unfortunately Amazon does not ship Fire TV or Fire TV stick to Switzerland, so I cannot test this. Would you be willing to test a beta version for me?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com