Help: LAN plugin configuration

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

supra107

Help: LAN plugin configuration

Post by *supra107 »

Hi, I've been using TC on my Android for quite a while now, but I've just now discovered the LAN plugin. So I've wanted to configure it and it causes me a lot of problems. So, I don't know how to format the address of the server in network. I use Windows 7 Ultimate with a home network, and I completely don't get what should I type in there. I've tried everything and it was all failing.

So, can anyone tell me an example configuration to connect an Android device to a network shared folder in Windows 7? I'd be very grateful for that.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

There are buttons with a "?" on them to the right of the server name and user input fields which describe how to enter the address. The simplest is just the server name, to get the shares on this server:
servername

You can also specify a share, separated by a forward slash:
servername/share

Or if your PC is in a domain, specify the domain in front of the server name, separated by a colon:
domain:servername/share

Instead of the server name, you can specify an IP address:
192.168.0.1/share

To access a shared folder on Windows 7, you need to have a user with password defined on the Windows side. The user name may differ from the one you enter when logging into Windows, e.g. when the user name was renamed. It is usually the name you see listed under "c:\users".
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
supra107

Post by *supra107 »

So, for example if my computer is named "SUPRAPC" and the shared folder I want to access is called "NetworkShare", I need to type the address "SUPRAPC/NetworkShare" and also the Windows host needs the folders to be accessed by user/password?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, that's both correct!
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com