Android 6 and LAN Plug-In

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

gerribaldi

Android 6 and LAN Plug-In

Post by *gerribaldi »

Hi!

i bought a nexus 5 last weeks and update it to android 6. After that i install Totalcommander for Android and the LAN Plugin to copy my files from my server to the phone. Unfortunaly it is not working.
I set up the connection to the server with the same credentianals as i use to connect with my nexus 4 or with my other client.
If try to connect via LAN Plugin, a box pop´s up and i should enter my password. I do this, and the box pop´s up again and again and again....
I can only close the box if i press the back button from the phone.

And then i get this error message:
"Verbindungsfehler! Gemeldeter Fehler: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. /fileserver /"

But the username/password are correct.

Can anybody help me with this please?

Regards
gerribadli
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

One of the settings must be wrong. A common error is that some keyboards add an extra space at the end when you choose something from the input history. For example, if you try to enter your user name and it is shown by the keyboard as a suggestion, and you choose that suggestion, it will insert the name with a space at the end.

Another common problem is that the user name you enter to log into Windows isn't always the same as the name used to connect via network. This happens when you change the name via control panel - the original name isn't changed.

Finally, you need to set a password for your account in order to log in from other PCs.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
gerribaldi

Post by *gerribaldi »

ghisler(Author) wrote:One of the settings must be wrong. A common error is that some keyboards add an extra space at the end when you choose something from the input history. For example, if you try to enter your user name and it is shown by the keyboard as a suggestion, and you choose that suggestion, it will insert the name with a space at the end.
aaahhhhh. That fault is so fucking cheap, that i didn´t realize it :oops: :oops:
After i remove the spaces, everythings works. Thank you!
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

gerribaldi,
Yeah, I personally ran into this twice with SwiftKey. One of the reasons I prefer Swype.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
kech61

Post by *kech61 »

gerribaldi wrote: aaahhhhh. That fault is so fucking cheap, that i didn´t realize it :oops: :oops:
After i remove the spaces, everythings works. Thank you!
same problem here with minuum keyboard :shock:
Thanks for sharing the solution!