Joined: 04 Feb 2003
|Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:33 am Post subject: Total Commander 9.0 beta 1 available
|Total Commander 9.0 beta 1 is available now!
You can download it from www.ghisler.com
This is a public pre-release version! Please be careful!
Please report bugs here in the TC 9.0 beta bug report forum, ONE BUG PER MESSAGE!
IMPORTANT: Currently the new functions are available only in English and German. More languages will be added soon.
Here is a list of the most important additions:
- View modes, can be switched manually via menu "Show", or automatically by rules
- Show icons on folder tabs depending on the displayed folder
- Vertical button bar (can be disabled via Configuration - Options - Layout)
- Rubber band selection mode when using left mouse button selection, disable via settings
- Show up to 3 external devices without drive letter (e.g. Android or Windows Phone) in Alt+F1/F2 drive dropdown list
- Background transfer manager (F5-F2): Show second progress bar with overall progress if available
- Themed text cursor, enable/disable in Configuration - Options - Colors
- Use system drive and folder icons (dynamically loaded) instead of internal
- Dimmed icons for hidden files/folders
- Show small green arrow as overlay icon when a folder is open, e.g. in tree or when opening very large folder
- Click on tab header with "locked but directory changed allowed" returns to base directory of that tab
- Better support for high resolution screens
- Set scaling of dialog boxes (OverrideDPI) via main settings - fonts
- Option to show sizes with 1k=1000bytes instead of 1k=1024bytes
- Option to show numbers in TBytes, with 1 or 2 decimal digits
- Unicode support for descript.ion files
- Inplace rename: Use up/down arrow to jump to previous/next file (configurable)
- F5 Copy/F6 Move: Show combobox with all open tabs and all subdirectories in the target panel (Shift: Source panel)
- F5 copy: Skip empty dirs by appending |**\ to line "only files of this type"
- Create and verify additional checksum types: SHA224, SHA384, SHA3_224, SHA3_256, SHA3_384, SHA3_512
- Delete files directly (not to recycle bin): In case of errors, ask at the end of the entire operation
- Delete files directly: Also offer "Skip all" when a file is missing
- Re-use threads for delete, loading hints and ID-lists
- Disable overwrite confirmation in sync: wincmd.ini [Confirmation] SyncConfirmOverwrite=0
- Support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 with new openssl dlls
- Use Windows certificate stores "ROOT" and "CA" to verify purchased server certificates
- ZIP unpacker: Support new compression method XZ (method 95) with updated tcmdlzma.dll and tclzma64.dll
- Support invalid ZIP archives with no CRC in the local header and behind the zip file, e.g. created by owncloud
- Support invalid ZIP archives with UTF-8-encoded names but missing UTF-8 flag (created by Dropbox)
- Use "Everything" tool for much faster search on NTFS drives, also on network shares if possible
- Search with content plugins for text on main search page
- Regular expressions supported in more types: Unicode UTF-8+UTF-16, Office XML
- New option "Older than" working just like "Not older than"
- Standalone search: Allow to search in search results (after feed to listbox) and selected files
Compare by content:
- Show only differences, with additional lines above/below the differences, including editing
- Edit mode: triple click now selects entire line
- New buttons to insert other fields
- Improved range selection dialog
- If there are duplicate names, or names that already exist, offer to auto-rename to "name (2).ext", "name (3).ext" etc.
- Ctrl+Shift+Q: Opens Quick View in separate Lister window, updates contents when going to other file
- View files of type RTF, BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, ICO, HTML with internal viewers also in read-protected folders (via DuplicateHandle)
- Use larger buffer sizes to handle longer blocks of text without line breaks
- Double click/ENTER: Follow .url files pointing to directrories within Total Commander. Disable via wincmd.ini
- Manual update check via menu Help - Check for updates now, using DNS lookup
- Automatic update check (experimental): wincmd.ini [Configuration] AutoUpdateCheck= (1: all updates, or 2: no beta versions)
- Ctrl+B in search result = Go to directory of file under cursor
- Read virtual folders like the Network Neighborhood asynchronously (faster initial response) and in a background thread
- Directory history: Remember name under cursor and position in list when entering a subdir via double click/Enter
- Content plugins: new content field chooser dialog instead of menu. Also show field preview for file/dir under cursor
- Synchronize dirs: Compare with multi-part ZIP, supports compare by content and view
- Buttonbar, Startmenü: New Parameter %C1..%C9, %c1..%c9
- to focus specific panels, including tree: cm_FocusSrc, cm_FocusTrg, cm_FocusLeftTree etc.
- to select/unselect one or more files: cm_Select, cm_Unselect, cm_Reverse
- to open lister: cm_ListOnly, cm_ListMulti, cm_ListInternalMulti, cm_SeparateQuickView, cm_SeparateQuickInternalOnly
- to save tabs to a specified file: SAVETABS, SAVETABSL, SAVETABSR, SAVETABS2, SAVETABS2L, SAVETABS2R
- cm_wait, accepting wait time in milliseconds, e.g. cm_wait 1000. Can be combined, e.g. em_cmd1,cm_wait 1000,em_cmd2
A list of all corrections, also for previous versions, can be found in the history file.
As usual, the update is free for all registered users.
Author of Total Commander