I'am new to Android: what can TC do for me?

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

dennis48755

I'am new to Android: what can TC do for me?

Post by *dennis48755 »

Hi,

I have no experience with Android devices, but hate my iPhone and it's time to upgrade.

I am considering (highly) purchasing the Samsung S7.

Will TC for Android work with this phone? And, what can you do with it? What kind of files does Android support; txt, pdf?

Also, in the not to distant future I may also purchase a Nvidia Shield for my TV. Will TC for Android work on it?

Thanks for your information.
Dennis
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Yes, it will work. Android supports every file there is, and the are apps for many of them including txt and pdf. Total Commander can be used to connect o PCs in the LAN, to FTP, SFTP and FTPS servers, WebDAV (e.g. Owncloud), Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox. It also contains a text editor and media player. And you can ZIP and unzip files, UnRAR and of course the basics - copy, move, rename etc.
Also, in the not to distant future I may also purchase a Nvidia Shield for my TV. Will TC for Android work on it?
Yes, but you will have to download it from www.ghisler.com because TC isn't currently in the Play Store for Android TV.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
dennis48755

Post by *dennis48755 »

ghisler,

Thank you for your response.

This is wonderful information, I had no idea Android supported the types of files we use everyday.

I have ordered the Samsung S7, can't wait.

It will be such a joy to use TC to do daily activities that Apple has made so difficult. What you would think should be so simple are so complicated with the iPhone, such as adding a PDF document to my phone of my dogs rabies certificates, or even transferring photos to my PC.

And thank you for Total Commander.

Dennis