Cannot share file from Audio Recorder app with TC for SFTP

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MasterOfChess

Cannot share file from Audio Recorder app with TC for SFTP

Post by *MasterOfChess »

Hi there,

first of all, thank you so much for your wonderful app. I love it. I am just experiencing one issue and would be more than happy if you could help or fix it.

When using Sony's Audio Recorder app (see Google Play, I'm not allowed to post the URL), I am not able to "share" the resulting files with TC for saving them to an SFTP share. Whenever I choose Total Commander as the target to share with, when saving to an SFTP share, TC fails with an error like
Cannot read "PUBLIC://Audio-Aufnahme 2016-10-16 14-47-29.wav"
The SFTP share works fine in other situations and also sharing from the Audio Recorder app works when either saving to a local file via TC or sharing with another app like K-9 Mail. Can you help me with getting this to work?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

PUBLIC: is not a normal type of URL to handle on Android. Normally it should be either file:// when there is a file in the file system, or content:// for data via the database connection.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
MasterOfChess

Post by *MasterOfChess »

So how come that TC can flawlessly read and save the shared file if not using SFTP, but saving to the local file system? Moreover, other apps can read them, too.

In the app, I can choose between private and public storage. When using 'private', the URL scheme becomes "PRIVATE://". Nothing else changes, though.

Are there any additional debugging options I can turn on? I'm on Android 6.0.1, by the way.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Sorry, no idea - I have never heared of these URL schemes.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com