Webdav 2.8 neglects proxy settings

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

JamesF

Webdav 2.8 neglects proxy settings

Post by *JamesF »

Hi all,

It seems like the webdav plugin neglects the "No proxy (direct connection)"-property. If a (SOCKS) proxy is configured in Internet Explorer-settings, this one nevertheless is used by the webdav-plugin.

Versions:

IE: 11.0
TC: 9.0 x64
Webdav plugin 2.8
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

The WebDAV plugin calls InternetOpen function with flag INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT if you check "no proxy". So it should bypass the proxy defined in Internet Explorer.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
JamesF

Post by *JamesF »

Yes, of course that should be the internal mechanism.

However, TC still uses the SOCKS 5 proxy configured in Internet Explorer´s "Connections" options. This is verified via Wireshark dumps. It follows exactly proxy on/off in Internet Explorer.

I don´t definitely blame TC for the misbehavior; I merely thought it was worth a try to see if others had experienced the same issue and could offer some input.

Since this is Windows, strange things can happen and I will try it on some other Windows installs and see what happens. Also, the Cloud plugin is worth a test in this regard.