A different Method to Change Directories Faster

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

risk

A different Method to Change Directories Faster

Post by *risk »

I have a parent directory named Projects that contains about 50 sub directories. This number goes up and down periodically.

I know I can setup these project sub directories in the Directory Hotlist or as button bar icons and sub-menus. However, I'm looking for a way to have quick access to these sub directories but without manually maintaining these shortcuts every time I add or remove a directory to Projects. What would be a quick way of jumping between Project directories?
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

risk,
Why don't you jump to Projects using a shortcut and choose a subdir using quicksearch / quickfilter?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
risk

Post by *risk »

Thanks Roman. That is what I do now but I was hoping I would learn something new if someone has a different method.
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

Why don't you use breadcrumb? Point the mouse cursor over the "Projects" text and you'll see the list of all subfolders that changes dinamically
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

risk,
Well, nothing faster than say, pressing F12 and typing "Sub1" to get into the desired subdir comes to mind.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.