Thumbnails in list instead of grid? (grid crops filenames)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

asdfgh9

Thumbnails in list instead of grid? (grid crops filenames)

Post by *asdfgh9 »

hi,
is it possible to view thumbnails as line by line list mode (aka "long view" / "all file details view" i guess) instead of the grid that crops the filenames and cannot be sorted?

See this image where i photoshopped what i mean (in the left column):
img.ctrlv.in/img/17/08/09/598b49cea96f6.png

the "thumbnail view" creates a grid and filenames are cropped and become hard to manage when one needs to rename long filenames or add tags into it based on the visual thumbnail cue, also cant sort them by columns. with the amount of plugins that allow us to preview thumbnails for pics and video and even play them and do pretty decent search masks and multi renames, totcom is basically slowly making software like xnview obsolete for alot of users and so this is really limiting totcom's potential unless i just missed some checkbox somewhere.

i think this was an old thread dealing with similar topic:
ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=20118&start=0
Last edited by asdfgh9 on 2017-08-09, 17:44 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Hi asdfgh9,
Unfortunately, no, not in that way.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

A long time ago this has already been discussed. I still think it's a good idea. That was my mockup at that time.
http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/images/misc/long_thumbnails_view.jpg

http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=72410#72410

( To get a feeling how old the linked thread is. Someone asked how on earth anyone would ever run a resolution > 1280x1024 :P )
HolgerK
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *HolgerK »

Lefteous wrote:( To get a feeling how old the linked thread is. Someone asked how on earth anyone would ever run a resolution > 1280x1024 :P )
2017: "someone out there useing a 4K smart phone display with a display scaling less then 300%?" :roll:

;-)
Holger
Make our planet great again