Total Commander 9.10 slow switching folders

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

TLis

Total Commander 9.10 slow switching folders

Post by *TLis »

I have installed the latest Total Commander 9.10 on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. When it starts e.g. in C:\Program Files (x86) it loads pretty soon, but then when I double click a subfolder, it takes a few seconds to load the content, even though there were just a few items inside! The same, when I double click the '..' entry to come back. Clicking on the 'X' icon in the upper-right corner to close the application also hangs for some time, often leaving the application non responding.

A similar behavior was with version 9.0a. It must have happened a few weeks ago, as before the performance was quite good. The only plugin I have is the EXIF plugin. What can be wrong? My C: drive is a SSD :)

P.S. The XYplorer application, which I also own works fine, without any delay ...
TLis

Post by *TLis »

I uninstalled Total Commander completely and installed again. It is all OK now :). For now still without the EXIF plugin. I'll try to install it and see, if the problem won't reappear ...

UPDATE: I confirm, I have installed the EXIF 2.4 plugin and the performance is as it should be. Case close :)