two dot-like symbols

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

genaro

two dot-like symbols

Post by *genaro »

Is there a way to not show these two dot-like symbols when file's name is too big?
https://i.snag.gy/zRbsZ2.jpg
gdpr deleted 6
Power Member
Power Member

Re: two dot-like symbols

Post by *gdpr deleted 6 »

Well, if you don't see the dots, how would you be able to tell whether the name you see is the full file name or not? :?

(I agree that the dots as used by TC could be somewhat misleading if you also have files with names such as "some...txt". Although, such file names should be extremely rare...)
genaro

Post by *genaro »

elgonzo wrote:Well, if you don't see the dots, how would you be able to tell whether the name you see is the full file name or not? :?

(I agree that the dots as used by TC could be somewhat misleading if you also have files with names such as "some...txt". Although, such file names should be extremely rare...)
I don't want to know if the name I see is the full file name or not.
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

genaro wrote:
elgonzo wrote:Well, if you don't see the dots, how would you be able to tell whether the name you see is the full file name or not? :?

If you don't want to know how your files are named
why do you use a file manager at all :lol:
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
genaro

Post by *genaro »

Horst.Epp wrote:
genaro wrote:

Did I say that I don't want to know how my files are named? Let me reread it. No, I didn't say it.
tuska
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *tuska »

genaro wrote:Is there a way to not show these two dot-like symbols when file's name is too big?
https://i.snag.gy/zRbsZ2.jpg
Maybe you can workaround this.

Version 1: File windows above each other
Button with command: cm_VerticalPanels (File windows above each other)
(Click on button: Vertical Panels = ON, another click on the same button: Vertical Panels = OFF)

Code: Select all

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_VerticalPanels

wcmicons.dll,23
cm_VerticalPanels (File windows above each other)|https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=49217

Version 2: Active window -> 100% (Button1) -> 50% (Button 2) - first press button 1, then button 2
Button 1 with command: cm_VerticalPanels,cm_100Percent (File windows above each other,Window separator at 100%)

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_VerticalPanels,cm_100Percent

wcmicons.dll,23
cm_VerticalPanels,cm_100Percent (File windows above each other,Window separator at 100%)|Active window -> 100% || https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=49217

Button 2 with command: cm_VerticalPanels,cm_50Percent (File windows above each other,Window separator at 50%)
(You can try to press button 2 several times, without first pressing button 1 to see what happens ... - maybe it fitts your needs)

TOTALCMD#BAR#DATA
cm_VerticalPanels,cm_50Percent

wcmicons.dll,37
cm_VerticalPanels,cm_50Percent (File windows above each other,Window separator at 50%) |Active window -> 50% || https://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=49217

You can use the code to create a button as follows:
1. Mark the green code (simply press and hold the left-hand mouse button and drag over the code, then release the left mouse button)
2. Press the CTRL-key and hold it down, then press the letter "C" (CTRL + C = Copy to clipboard)
3. Make a right click on your buttonbar on an empty space [e.g. after the last button or between the buttons]
4. Click on menu item "Paste"
5. [Optional: Point to the new button (slightly longer): Tooltip is shown (-> description for the button)]

It is recommended to draw the columns to the appropriate width (dragging at the column separation lines)
and then to complete with "Settings" menu - "Save position".

Regards
Karl
Horst.Epp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Horst.Epp »

genaro wrote:
Horst.Epp wrote:
genaro wrote:I don't want to know if the name I see is the full file name or not.
Did I say that I don't want to know how my files are named? Let me reread it. No, I didn't say it.
I reread and its
"I don't want to know if the name I see is the full file name or not."
So you are don't care if you don't know the (full) name.
Its my understanding of english, may be not the same as yours :)
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3374)
TC 11.03 x64 / x86
Everything 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.69
QAP 11.6.3.2 x64
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2genaro
Is there a way to not show these two dot-like symbols when file's name is too big?
No, but you can put a request for it in the TC suggestions (English) section.
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50b4 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar