Xiaomi phone issue

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Xiaomi phone issue

Post by *wanderer »

In TC, i see the filelist. At the top, there is "Internal shared storage" and then "SD card". I select "SD card" and i see the root of the card (path /storage/0123-4567). I then press .. and see the contents of the /storage folder. When i press .. again, i see the home page but also a message box appears: "Error, Cannot open file/folder!". I press OK in it and TC keeps working normally.

Xiaomi Note 4X - Android version 7.0 NRD90M. MIUI 9.2.1.0.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Hmmm. Guessing here, but it seems as if it's trying to show the contents of "file system root". The phone is not rooted, so it shows this message.

"Back" on internal storage shows the home folder, while "back in "sd card" shows the previous level folder (/storage). Perhaps this should also be changed to show the home folder (?) (at least if the phone is not rooted) and not the error message.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

On Android 7 and newer, Apps can no longer access the folder / (it needs root rights to access it).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

ghisler(Author) wrote:On Android 7 and newer, Apps can no longer access the folder / (it needs root rights to access it).
Hi Christian.

Yes, i eventually understood that. What i'm saying is if its possible for the message not to appear before reverting to "Home", or perhaps to appear once and then just revert without showing it.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Currently you cannot disable it. I will consider it.

Just tap on the home button or the Total Commander icon in the upper left to return to the home folder.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com