This forum uses cookies. Click X button to hide this message. What is stored? 
Total Commander Forum Index Total Commander
Forum - Public Discussion and Support

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OneDrive-directories started showing as links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henniegl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: OneDrive-directories started showing as links Reply with quote

I am not an expert on this, but my problem is probably related to this: OneDrive link folder offline status not correct

I use Onedrive with all files also stored locally. Onedrive had a hiccup and seemed to have switched on Files-on-Demand automatically. No idea how that happened, it wasn't me. I noticed because all the OD-directories in TotalCMD started showing as links. Same in File Explorer.
After I switched off Files-on-Demand, it took about a minute for File Explorer to switch back all directories to normal status. There was no significant download going on, I guess all files were still there locally.

Now TotalCmd switched back most directories to normal, but it still has a few Onedrive directories that it keeps marking as LNK. File Explorer and a command line Dir show everything as normal local directories. Restarting TotalCMD and a reboot did not help. It seems like this data is stored in some cache?
How can I force TotalCmd to refresh this?
henniegl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, checking a bit further I must add that the problem is most likely not with TotalCMD but with my Onedrive directory being messed up. Some examples:
- Using Totalcmd, if I doubleclick on a .jpg file in one of the <LNK> directories, I get a message that the file cannot be found. Which is strange because it does show the file. If I do this in another directory it brings up my pic viewer.
- If I use File explorer, then the directory is shown as normal (not LNK). But when it shows the file, it will not show the preview, just a generic JPG icon. I can double-click to open the file.
- Only if I copy the file to another directory, then File Explorer wil show the preview as well.

It is still strange that TotalCMD shows the directories as <LNK> where File explorer does not, but both seem to agree there are issues with this Onedrive directory so I can well imagine that you are not really interested to start digging in my problem Smile

Thanks for reading, and I will continue my search with "How to fix a corrupt Onedrive".
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explorer doesn't know (or at least doesn't show) linked directories by default. A third-party extension (or a real file manager like TC) is required to view junctions and other NTFS features as such instead of as regular directories.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Athlon X4 880K, 16 GiB RAM, Gigabyte F2A88X-D3HP, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups
henniegl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly prefer TC but Windows has some options as well.

My version of Explorer (latest Win 10) shows a little arrow on the directory icon if it is a <LNK>.
Also a good way to check is to use a cmd window. The DIR command will show you the junction and where it leads to.
hhgygy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: TC showing folders as links under OneDrive Reply with quote

Hi there just registered to this forum because I am configuring a brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it and it seems TC behaves differently on W10.
I have a OneDrive folder and I want to do copying and deleting things there but I cannot because it shows folders as shortcuts or links.
On windows 7 these folders are working fine.
Is there a setting for this?
Thank you
hhgygy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I just opened a new thread and I see others have the same issue
Installing a brand new laptop with Windows 10 on it and I also have the same issue
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the folders with Windows 10 are shown as LNK folders you can still go into the folders and copy files to them: See http://madsenworld.dk/tcmd/onedrive.png
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 9.12 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit, Win 7, 8.1 & 10 64bit. TC 2.90 on Android 6.0

Get Extended Total Commander Menus
henniegl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLUTION: I have been able to fix the problem. It was caused by OD but I will document it here in case anyone encounters the same and ends up here.

As mentioned, it all started when OD had for some unknown reason switched to Files-on-Demand. When I switched it off again, I was left with a large number of <LNK> files. It turned out that some 20.000 files and directories had their L attribute set for "reparse point". You can find them with:
dir /s /al d:\Onedrive

And you can fix it with Powershell:
ForEach ($file in Get-ChildItem "d:\OneDrive" -recurse -force ) { fsutil reparsepoint delete $file.Fullname }

As far as I can see now, this solved all my problems. But if anyone is going to copy this, you should be aware this is an extremely dirty solution. Proceed at your own risk.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bug: when you use files-on-demand, directories in the Onedrive folder are actually special file system links! It seems that's how Onedrive handles on demand internally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Total Commander Forum Index -> Total Commander (English) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: