Can't install WiFi Plugin for Totalcmd on ONYX BOOX Volta 4

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

MVV
Power Member
Power Member

Can't install WiFi Plugin for Totalcmd on ONYX BOOX Volta 4

Post by *MVV »

Hi, I've successfully installed TC and LAN plugin from Google Play to ONYX BOOX Volta 4 book based on Android 11 but unfortunately can't install WiFi/WLAN Plugin for Totalcmd, Google Play says that it is developed for earlier Android version and can't be installed to the device.

At the same time I've successfully installed it to my Samsung Galaxy S10e with Android 12, so I don't understand why Google Play doesn't allow installing it to the book with Android 11 while it allows installing TC and LAN plugin.

I've successfully installed WiFi plugin via APK file and it works properly, the only thing that doesn't work is scanning QR codes because the book doesn't have any camera:) so I had to type URL manually. Perhaps Google Play doesn't allow installing the plugin because of the missing camera? But it says that it is because of Android version...

Also I would mention that it is not easy to find WiFi plugin because of its nonstandard naming. When there is a "Total Commander" in plugin name, all plugins may be found by typing "total commander" in Google Play, but I couldn't find this plugin in Google Play after some search requests and only found it via TC plugins page. So I would suggest you to name all Total Commander plugins like "XXX Plugin for Total Commander".
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't install WiFi Plugin for Totalcmd on ONYX BOOX Volta 4

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Google only shows you the plugin in the store where it was installed previously. I would have to update the plugin to a newer API version, but then file system access would no longer be possible. Google only allows a small group of app types access to the file system, like file managers, backup tools, and virus scanners.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com