Is it possible: custom column with text in custom color?

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

mrbeeye

Is it possible: custom column with text in custom color?

Post by *mrbeeye »

I've never created any plugin for TC so I've not any experience with it.

Since it seems that my feature request won't be implemented any soon (or ever), I'd like to know whether a plugin could be a (partial) solution.

My idea is to add custom column with a text (e.g. "e") but with custom background/foreground color.
Adding a column showing if a file/dir is encrypted is possible even now (either as column containing Yes/No or Attribute column showing "e").
The problem is I need to have it visually emphasized (i.e. I need a different color than it is configured by TC or user via ''Define color by file types").

Can "what I want" be achieved by a plugin in general?
Dalai
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Is it possible: custom column with text in custom color?

Post by *Dalai »

Custom columns are filled by content plugins. Content plugins only return data to TC. TC is responsible to make that data visually available to the user.

In other words: No, what you want to do is not possible via a (content) plugin alone. It's possible to change the font color if some content plugin returns certain data in a specific field (i.e. "Define colors by file type), but that changes the color of the whole line, as I'm sure you already know.

Regards
Dalai
#101164 Personal licence
Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GiB RAM, ASUS Prime X370-A, Win7 x64

Plugins: Services2, Startups, CertificateInfo, SignatureInfo, LineBreakInfo - Download-Mirror
LonerD

Post by *LonerD »

mrbeeye wrote: 2023-06-14, 16:20 UTC My idea is to add custom column with a text (e.g. "e") but with custom background/foreground color.
No way at this moment. Suggested for a long time.
"I used to feel guilty in Cambridge that I spent all day playing games, while I was supposed to be doing mathematics. Then, when I discovered surreal numbers, I realized that playing games IS math." John Horton Conway
mrbeeye

Post by *mrbeeye »

Workaround for my case: define custom icon for encrypted files via Files -> Internal Associations (Total Commander only)...