LAN plugin no longer reconnects after failing with "j is already closed", requires force kill after connection loss

Support for Android version of Total Commander

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

nabijaczleweli

LAN plugin no longer reconnects after failing with "j is already closed", requires force kill after connection loss

Post by *nabijaczleweli »

On LineageOS 14 (Android 9) with Total Commander 3.0b12 and TotalCmd-LAN (Windows shares) 3.09, when connection is lost to a share (phone off, wifi off, whatever), opening a folder either (a) succeeds transparently, (b) fails once with "connection lost" or "j has already been closed", then you see the same folder view, and clicking it opens the folder, or (c) fails once with "j has already been closed", you get booted to home screen, and you can open the share again and it connects.

On LineageOS 21 (Android 14) with Total Commander 3.50d and TotalCmd-LAN (Windows shares) 3.50 (as well as another similar Android 12 (Sony stock) installation), you always get "j has already been closed", booted to home screen, and opening the share again gives "j has already been closed" ad mortam defecatam. The only way to solve this is to kill Total Commander by swiping it away from the task switcher but this doesn't really work if you're playing audio through the TC media queue (notification keeps it alive so you need to kill the audio, kill TC, reopen the queue, maybe requeue and seek).

This feels like it should Just™ reconnect transparently, as it (by accident?) did under 3.0b12/3.09.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LAN plugin no longer reconnects after failing with "j is already closed", requires force kill after connection loss

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

1. Can you tell me which version of Samba your server is running? So far I haven't been able to get the error "j has already been closed".
You can use one of the following commands:
smbstatus --version
or
smbd -V
2. When exactly does this happen? Do I need to keep the connection open for a longer amount of time?
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com