Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2CoMiKe
And then icfu's recommendation: TrayManager seems to superseede Mlin's TraySaver. While there, Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel should be replaced by AutoRuns. His MCL by TAR, Clipomatic by CLCL ;-) .
Mike Lin wrote his programs many years ago, when he was beween 15 and 17. Then he went to the university, and has no time or motivation to update his stuff anymore. :-( He was among the first ones providing useful free utils for windows. We owe him a lot, i used his utilities really a lot, until i discovered better ones.
I switched to Linux, bye and thanks for all the fish!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Autoruns can only show you the entries, if you wanna change them use StartupRun instead. Very cool freeware on that site. ;)
CLCL I will check, thanks. Maybe Camp is an alternative for that, too, although it's very basic of course.

Edit: Ok, CLCL has just received "must have" status, great thingie. :)

Icfu
This account is for sale
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

2icfu
Yeah, Nirsoft has quite some great stuff as well. I think however, that Autoruns provides a more exhaustive list.

I can't believe i have not advertised CLCL here before, i even searched the forum, and nope... shame on me it is IMHO by far the best free clipboard manager. Dont forget the plugins, some are hard to find, like the indispensable search plugin. There is no english version of it, but just edit the dll with Resource Hacker, pretty obvious what the captions are. Here is the resource as I modified it:

Code: Select all

101 DIALOG 0, 0, 216, 59
STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
CAPTION "Find"
LANGUAGE LANG_JAPANESE, 0x1
FONT 8, "TAHOMA"
{
   CONTROL "Search for:", -1, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 8, 9, 55, 10 
   CONTROL "", 1000, EDIT, ES_LEFT | ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER | WS_TABSTOP, 75, 7, 132, 12 
   CONTROL "Case Sensitive", 1001, BUTTON, BS_AUTOCHECKBOX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 7, 22, 105, 10 
   CONTROL "OK", 1, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 7, 39, 50, 14 
   CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 61, 39, 50, 14 
}
The History plugin looks interesting too, but i personally dont use it.
Just check it out how many plugins the japanese page boasts of, someone really should translate them into english :!:
And CLCL doesnt seem to be very active project anymore.
gbo

Post by *gbo »

SanskritFritz wrote: Dont forget the plugins, some are hard to find, like the indispensable search plugin. There is no english version of it
Hi,

Could you please explain how to use it (tool_find.txt and google doesn't help, all is in japanese :? ) and why it is indispensable for you ?

BTW Thanks for the nice suggestions in the last 5 posts (this thread is very useful although quite long to go through)

PS Another nice one who was mentioned by Icfu in another thread - Oscar's File Renamer
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
solid
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *solid »

plenty of very small and usefull apps of all categories on this address

http://www.tinyapps.org/
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

gbo wrote:Could you please explain how to use it (tool_find.txt and google doesn't help, all is in japanese ) and why it is indispensable for you ?
Well, I put the string into the edit field, and press the default button. So i search in CLCL. :-)
Ok, i guess your question is, how to install the plugin?
Go to Tools / Tool Setup / Add...

Title: &Find
DLL: tool_find.dll
Function name: tool_find

Now you have the menu entry on your Tools menu. The Find Next is added similarly.

Now you ask, why a search in my snippets is indispensable for me? Well, to find what i want. ;-)
gbo

Post by *gbo »

2SanskritFritz
OK, I firstly thought that it was a plugin (search) for TC and I now understand that it was a plugin for CLCL.

It works fine, I even edit the dll with Resource Hacker as suggested (very clever, I didn't know it was possible to do that...). You are really my "mentor" :D

PS I don't know if I will use that for my daily work but perhaps I will get accustomed to it.

Thanks
Gil
Licence #17346

90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs.
Black Dog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Black Dog »

[face=courier]TypeAndRun version 4.70 beta5

What's new:

[*] Parameters passed to browser configured in "Settings\Paths\Your internet browser" work correctly now, though you should put paths with spaces into double quotes.
[*] Aliases with URL as alias action now executed via system browser in case of any browser configured in "Settings\Paths".
[+] Due to documents and programs execution problems under Windows 98 è NT4 (old Explorer version) you can change aliases execution type manually now.
[*] Fixed bug with superfluous space in the end of created via Explorer menu aliases Action field.
[+] Now it is possible to remove doubled strings from Autocompletion list.
[*] You can select several plugins simultaneously to add in "Select file..." dialog now.
[+] Sounds support added;
[+] Added multi-user configuration support under NT-based systems;
[+] Added "--mulitusers" command line parameter;
[*] "Registry" setup parameters removed from configuration file (as it was designed from the beginning), they are stored now only in Registry (not in INI).
[*] "Registry" setup parameters are not available if current user doesn't have enough privileges to modify Registry;
[-] Config editor "Quick search" input frame doesn't hide automatically any more.
[+] You can use "Esc" key to hide "Quick search" input frame and Up/Down arrows to switch to the previous/next match;
[*] Autocompletion list generation algorithm optimized;
[*] Fixed string autocompletion bug - it was impossible to auto complete e.g. "alias" to "alias2" w/o selection on "2".
[*] Incorrect pop-up color in case of disabled autocompletion bug fixed;
[+] Separate color configurations (console, pop-up, drop-down list etc.) for all autocompletion modes including BASH.
[+] Now all supported by current plugin internal aliases list available in "Settings\Plugins" configuration dialog. It is possible to execute alias from that list by double click.

You can ask related questions/report bugs/make wish requests in TypeAndRun mail conference.[/face][/size]
deus-ex
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *deus-ex »

icfu wrote:Autoruns can only show you the entries...
Autoruns also allows to disable, delete, copy, jump to Regedit entry, view Entry properties,
start a Google search, make a Cup of coffe (full version only). ;)

Regards,
deus-ex
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

It can not create, edit, run, HTML export, show properties, ok? ;)

Do you need a nice Regedit enhancement? Check http://www.dcsoft.com/products/regeditx/.

I have also created a workaround by patching the registry which makes it possible to replace the Windows regedit.exe and always load the extension instead, useful for all Sysinternals apps that can not be configured to use alternative registry editors.

If you are interested, drop me a line. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
SanskritFritz
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *SanskritFritz »

Who on earth edits the registry outside of TC?? ;-)
ggggnnnn

Post by *ggggnnnn »

How about replacing regedit.exe with the total commander registry plugin insted of an extension.Is that possible?
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Who on earth edits the registry outside of TC??
Doubleclick on a Regmon line and find yourself where? In a plugin? :)

Well, RegEditX has an autocomplete and autochange paths feature so if I want to call the HKCR\folder key I type "crfolder" and I am already there. You like to change paths in TC with cd, right? ;)
How about replacing regedit.exe with the total commander registry plugin insted of an extension.Is that possible?
Plugins are not standalone executables.

Icfu
This account is for sale
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

icfu wrote:You like to change paths in TC with cd, right? ;)
Nope for this there is the Directory-Hotlist that works fine with the TC-Registry-Plugin ;-)
Hoecker sie sind raus!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The directory list is useful for fixed locations only. It makes no sense to bookmark stuff you only need once.

I wonder how your directory list looks like with all those useless entries.

Icfu
This account is for sale