[REQ] Synchronize only selected files.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[REQ] Synchronize only selected files.

Post by *Flint »

On the Russian forum there is a suggestion: to make it possible to select some files in the Synchronize dialog and to synchronize only these files.

One of the possible solutions for this task at present is to clear all copy directions (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+M), then select the files needed and press Ctrl+D to get the default copy direction for these files only (or use Ctrl+R, Ctrl+L to copy all to the right or to the left). But often it is possible to select the files needed only after TC compared them and showed the recommendations on copy directions.

So, it would be convenient to have such function. For example, by checkbox "Only selected" near the Synchronize button; or as the new item in the context menu; or as an additional button...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Well, this would almost double all the menu items in the right click menu, so it would probably cause more confusion than it would help. I don't quite see the problem with unchecking all files first, it is very fast...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ghisler(Author)
No-no-no, I meant not to change the direction of the syncronization, but the process of the syncronization itself!

For example, there can be two buttons: first is "Syncronize" that is present now, and the second is "Syncronize only selected" which will call the synchonization dialog, but will count only those files that are selected.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Ah, now I understand! Yes, this sounds like a useful feature. I will consider it. Maybe it will be a checkbox instead of another button.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Thank you! ;)
I think, checkbox is a good solution.