Howto "Load rename results for next step" on SEARC

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Thorz

Howto "Load rename results for next step" on SEARC

Post by *Thorz »

I am pretty sure that this is answered here in the forum allready, but I have tried the search and the resutls were not satisfactory.

I am working with a big number of MP3. This is what i am doing:

All the MP3 are in a folder structure like this: Genere / Album / Artist - Title.mp3
I have to be sure that none of the songs have the same name. I am trying to add the Album to the trackname like this: Artist - Album - Title.mp3.

1. I search for duplicate names on the root folder where I am working, includes lots of subfolders.
2. I use feed to listbox.
3. I select a bunch of files that have common genere and send them to the multi-rename tool.
4. I add the path and use reg-ex to delete the "\" and the ":" from the names.
5. I click START and now I like to reload the results for deleting the path part that I don't need, but this is not possible. The "Load rename results for next step" funtion works but when I click START again the tool cannot do the work. I have to search again in another panel for some common text on these files for that I can load them again in the multi-rename tool.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

press this Button.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

I know Sheepdog, but as I pointed above it loads the last results but it cannot perform any action on them. It comes "the files in bold could not be renamed" or something like that. I notice that the path of the files doesn't come anymore when you press that button.

Thanks
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Sorry for not reading your first post carefully enough.

But how exactly do you add the path? If I add a [G] and [P] to the filename I have no "\" nor ";" in the filename.

BTW this "the files in bold could not be renamed" message appears usually when there is a problem with the new name e.g. when already a file with this name exists and thus the old file would be overwritten.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Thorz

Post by *Thorz »

Thanks Sheepdog, had not seen that there were more placeholders available (like the [G] and [P]. My fault. you were of great help.