zip files automatically to opposite directory tree

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Matrix

zip files automatically to opposite directory tree

Post by *Matrix »

When zipping files I used to be able to automatically create and locate a zipped archive in the opposite directory panel.

I may have missed the obvious but has this option been taken out or is it still available in the latest version of total commander?
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: zip files automatically to opposite directory tree

Post by *Sheepdog »

Matrix wrote:When zipping files I used to be able to automatically create and locate a zipped archive in the opposite directory panel.

I may have missed the obvious but has this option been taken out or is it still available in the latest version of total commander?
It's still the default.

Maybe you've got a faulty [Ctrl] key? Using [Alt]+[F5] (or "cm_packFiles") with [Ctrl]- modifier packs into the source pane (onstead of the target pane).

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Matrix

Re: zip files automatically to opposite directory tree

Post by *Matrix »

Sheepdog wrote:
Matrix wrote:When zipping files I used to be able to automatically create and locate a zipped archive in the opposite directory panel.

It's still the default.

Maybe you've got a faulty [Ctrl] key? Using [Alt]+[F5] (or "cm_packFiles") with [Ctrl]- modifier packs into the source pane (onstead of the target pane).

sheepdog
THanks sheepdog

your axactly right, what I did is created a hotkey with the control key Z and this puts the zip files in the source directory. I have been putting up with this for, I dunno, mabe three years. Bugger