Plugin for splitting/joining movie files.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Ayabara

Plugin for splitting/joining movie files.

Post by *Ayabara »

Is there a plugin to be found that can join and split avi / mpeg / wmv files?
Clo

Embedded function ?

Post by *Clo »

:) Hello !

- Is not the embedded function from the Files menu working so well with these files ?

- I just tested a 45 MiB AVI file, split then rebuilt, it works perfecty !
¤ Please, R.T.F.M. ! :lol:

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Clo
I suppose, Ayabara meant not usual splitting AVI files as usual files, but as video files, so that each part could be played by a video player... I don't know such a plugin.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

I don't know of a plugin. But maybe this thread will inspire you.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Clo

Use once a year…

Post by *Clo »

2Flint

:) Hello K. !

- Indeed, I thought to that too, but this is not clearly expressed in the question ;)
- BTW : I have fired VirtualDub from my PCs a long while ago, it's a real gazworks and it is not localizable easily…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

What... are you somekind of digital preacher clo, U care people not to have localised version of Virtual Dub.. ?!

if this budy is talking about spliting movies to litttle movies then this is not TC's job (eventualy somebody could make plugin, but somebody could make plugin to monitor number of elephants on the Moon also...). On the other side, if he is talking about spliting movie to little files TC already has that.
Last edited by majkinetor ! on 2006-04-17, 07:15 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Habemus majkam!
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

majkinetor ! wrote: but somebody could make plugin to monitor number of elephants on the Moon also...).
Do you need this? I shall be able to do it for you.

;) :P

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

[OT]

Yeah, I need that badly. I noticed that some elephants from the Earth dissapear and show on the Moon and some of them on Pluton. Some say it is a quantum phisics domain but I am not so sure that science has answers to everything. Before developing be aware that plugin must format elephants in XML style with their names, birth dates, number of kid elephants and missing time. Also, plugin should help pour elephants find the best trajectory back to home. :lol:

Of course, it must be REALTIME.
Habemus majkam!
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

I must say the forum over the past few days has been pretty dreary, but now ..... elephants, moon, Pluto, XML - now it's starting to rock! :wink:

An elephant-splitting plugin, eh? Wow, even Directory Opus doesn't have this fantastic function. Sheepdog, try and use a fractal algorithm then we'll see perfect little elephants wherever we look in your plugin! :mrgreen:

As for a movie-splitter plugin, I think that's probably pushing the outer limits for a file manager, but if anyone's willing to try, bravo. Keen authors ought to note that the lack of good, free movie-splitters implies that this is a non-trivial task. Maybe some mad Russian genius programmer will have a go, but frankly if I was going to spend all my beer-drinking time creating this, I would prefer to sell it for a pot of roubles.

[OT]
Just heard on the news this morning that it's raining like crazy over Eastern Europe and that Belgrade is flooding badly. Hope you guys there are OK and sitting high and dry?

Meanwhile, here in southern England we have a water shortage and an enforced hosepipe ban after months of drought.

I think Ghisler is somehow responsible for all this and we only need to find the connection. :D

Sheepdog, when you have the time, a weather-switching plugin would be really, really, nice! TIA. :mrgreen:
[OT]
Ayabara

Post by *Ayabara »

Oh dear, what have I done? All those elephants that escaped earth when they realized what homo sapiens were doing to it. They've been living happily and hidden at the moon, and because I wanted to join my movie files ( yes, playable parts to one big playable movie ), they will be found, and no doubt brought back and painted pink to be shown to dead-drunk humans.

I agree that it is not TC's job, but neither is solving Sudoku puzzles ;-) Since I live by the mantra "if it can't be done in total commander or emacs, it's not worth doing", I just thought I'd check. Now I'm changing it to "if it can't be done in total commander or emacs, think about if it really is worth doing"

I have virtualdub, but I don't like it for simple tasks like mine. I downloaded a trial of boilsoft's joiner app, and this is just what I need. Only thing that could make it better was if it was free...
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Ayabara, did you see "[OT] Good Movie Spliting Tool" post ?
If not, check it out. And don't disturb the elephants any more....

[OT]
Hi SQUIRE.

I guess you are news fanatic as you know all that stuff. I am on a diametral plane - I never watch news... I found yesterday what is going on in Belgrade and the rest of the Serbia. The strange thought wispered through my head words like ".... did I miss something" while I was trying to figure out how to escape from the place I stuck into with my car: without the car, without the pants, without the legs (who knows, maybe crocodiles came with the watter)...

Something is wrong here, I sense that, something bad is comming.. I don't know why, but current weather situation doesn't feel good. I am not paranoid, but this is not normal: the day before yesterday we had 0, rain, every [f]uckin' thing falling from the sky; yesterday we had 0 but nothing was hitting my head; today we have +25, and tomorrow will be snowing...

And of courase it is Ghisler's fault, isn't it always? The global disliking of TC politic united in one big strange shapeless entity and it will eat us all. Only elephants on Plutton and Mars will survive. Those on Moon are doomed as they are too close to Earth to be spoted by monster....

While I am waiting for the doom to swallow us I am relaxing with last examples of pure human art: The Gravitizer
Habemus majkam!
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

[OT]
That is NOT what I meant when I asked if you were sitting high and dry :!: That Gravitizer better be rust and water proof with all the water you're getting. :lol:

I think we're in the wrong business my friend. Imagine charging almost $100 for a piece of 15mm steel tubing and stretchy cloth with a hole in it! Insane profits or what? Aaargh, I could have that mass-produced in Vietnam for $2 tops - and with hands-on quality-control by charming maidens too!

If it's all the same to you, I think I'll economise and stick to my patented tried-and-true method of ceiling hook and rubber bands, thank you very much. :P :D
[/OT]

HarHar - a hairy pussy with long ears and smoking a cigarette - you're going to be banned for that majkinetor ! ROFLMAO :mrgreen:
Last edited by SQUIRE on 2006-04-17, 17:41 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

2majkinetor !
The Gravitizer
How did you get a hold on one of those - their FAQ says:
At this time we ship The Gravitizer to USA only (50 states)
;-)
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

How did you get a hold on one of those
You use this, of course! But I swear I didn't order one. :mrgreen: