[Bug] Esc in Compare by content stops comparing in dir sync

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Flint
Power Member
Power Member

[Bug] Esc in Compare by content stops comparing in dir sync

Post by *Flint »

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this bug with 100% guarantee, but I have it regularly. Maybe, it will be not hard to find and fix it...

The problem is the following:
1. Open Synchronize Dirs dialog for two folders large enough to be compared for several seconds.
2. Turn the by content checkbox on.
3. Press Compare button.
4. While comparing of dirs is in progress, double-click some line with non-equal files (that are already compared) to compare them by content in a separate window.
5. Close the 'Compare by content' window by pressing Esc key.
6. The process of comparing files by content suddenly stops in the Synchronize dirs window, some files remain not compared and marked with red question sign ? . If I press Compare button again and wait patiently for the process to finish, all files are compared - so, it's not a problem of inaccessible files, but really a sudden stop of comparing for some reason.

All this seems so as if pressing Esc key not only closed the Compare by content window, but was also passed to the Synchronize Dirs window - and this stopped the comparing process (as if someone pressed Esc there, in Sync Dirs dialog!).

As I mentioned at the beginning, this is not 100% reproducable. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. :( And I know how hard is fixing such "indefinite" bugs. But I hope, it can be found (of course, in case that this is a bug in TC, not in my system - I can't be sure this is true...).

TC 6.54a, WinXP SP2.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ts4242
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *ts4242 »

Cannot confirmed under WinMe

but are you sure you don't press ESC too long
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

ts4242
but are you sure you don't press ESC too long
Yes, I'm sure. I press it with a very short hit. And I have never noticed such "passing Esc to the window below" in other situations, with other applications (which would certainly happen if I pressed it too long).
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

I will try to reproduce it, thanks for your report.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com