Ignore file types in Synchronize Dirs

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

jwillmore

Ignore file types in Synchronize Dirs

Post by *jwillmore »

Is is possible to specify a list of file types to be ignored by the Synchronize Dirs command? When I want do do a quick synchronize, I don't want to move backup files (.bak, .cpp~, .h~, .txt~, etc.) or object files (.obj). Unselecting files after compare is a drag.

I'd probably be happy to have this same list of file types ignored for the Compare Directories and Mark Newer, Hide Same commands.
Last edited by jwillmore on 2006-05-14, 15:53 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Lefteous
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Lefteous »

2jwillmore
Is is possible to specify a list of file types to be ignored by the Synchronize Dirs command?
Yes enter something like *.* | .bak, .cpp~, .h~, .txt~, etc. in the field between the two path fields.
jwillmore

Post by *jwillmore »

Lefteous wrote: Yes enter something like *.* | .bak, .cpp~, .h~, .txt~, etc. in the field between the two path fields.
Ah, fantastic. Thank you for the help. Now that I know what to look for it's even somewhat obvious in the help file!

Just to document this for future users, the syntax of what should appear in the box after the | character is a simple list of file specs to ignore (no commas), so my example would look like

Code: Select all

*.* | *.bak *.cpp~ *.h~ *.txt~