Scroll in Brief view

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

on8a

Scroll in Brief view

Post by *on8a »

When pane is in Brief view (Ctrl+F1) I find the behaviour in TC inconsistent to windows behaviour.
In explorer, when you click on a folder or file that is not fully shown in the rightmost column, the folder is highlighted but the window is not scrolled to the left. When you use right arrow key to move to the same folder or file the window is scrolled.
In TC, the window is allways scrolled, no matter if you use arrow key or mouse. The problem occurs when you try to double-click on a partly shown folder (or file). It is then scrolled to the left, and you miss the folder when clicking. You then have to move the mouse to the left to hit the right folder.
I have used TC for many years, and I have allways found this beaviour annoying, but I have thought that it should be corrected in the next release, but it never does. Am I missing something that all you other guys know of? :(
I have tried to find a topic about this without any luck, so I guess everyone else copes with it.
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Support++!
This should be fixed or at least become configurable, as this behavior disturbs me too.
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2on8a
I think most of us just don't use brief mode :wink:
At least me.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Flint
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Flint »

Don't know about "most", but I use it for about 90% of time...
Flint's Homepage: Full TC Russification Package, VirtualDisk, NTFS Links, NoClose Replacer, and other stuff!

Using TC 10.52 / Win10 x64
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

In explorer, when you click on a folder or file that is not fully shown in the rightmost column, the folder is highlighted but the window is not scrolled to the left. When you use right arrow key to move to the same folder or file the window is scrolled.
In TC, the window is allways scrolled,
Unfortunately this is a bug of the Windows XP listbox control. Totalcmd sets the flag "do not scroll if partially visible", but Windows XP just ignores it and scrolls always. Explorer uses a Listview instead of a Listbox, which doesn't seem to have this bug, but which is much slower.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2ghisler(Author)
Do you report to MS any bugs you encounter while working on TC?
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

Do you report to MS any bugs you encounter while working on TC?
You can forget that, there is no one who would listen (except when paying some $10000 per year for a company support contract).
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

2ghisler(Author)
Oh, now I understand why Windoze still has so much bugs :lol:
But have you tried actually? You may not tell them who are you...