szlori

Post by *szlori »

2 majkinetor! and SQUIRE
I'm sure you guys would enjoy Japan. :lol:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

That is my wish - To spend 6 months at Tokio once in life....

Just one problem, I am tech freak... I wouldn't know what to do. I would possible steal the high speed train at the end... and I would bring 10 kilos of God Jesus-es to get some points up there ...
:)
Habemus majkam!
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

2 szlori:

I have been there but only for all too brief a visit. Need at least a year living in a foreign country to begin to understand its customs and people I think. Lucky you! Eight years would be such an incredible opportunity. Did you find it rather expensive? I got the impression that they were accustomed to paying quite high prices for ordinary things (at least in Tokyo).

2 majki:

A techno freak like yourself will think he's died and gone to heaven when you visit the Akihabara gadget market - every possible bleeding-edge electronic gadget, sound system, camera, toy and computer component you could imagine - all in one spot! Many never get exported to the West (like Eric Crapton CDs). :wink:

Me, I like the Japanese woodworking hand tools like chisels (made with the same care and attention to detail they give their katana) and saws that cut on the pull stroke, unlike the Western push-to-cut.

They certainly do things differently from other people, which is why the country is so very fascinating.

For an amusing look at ordinary life in Japan as seen through a foreigner's eyes, I enjoyed reading the series of I Am A Japanese School Teacher articles by Azreal.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

A techno freak like yourself will think he's died and gone to heaven when you visit the Akihabara gadget market
ROTFMLAO.
I bet you are right :lol:
Habemus majkam!
szlori

Post by *szlori »

SQUIRE wrote:2 szlori:

I have been there but only for all too brief a visit. Need at least a year living in a foreign country to begin to understand its customs and people I think. Lucky you! Eight years would be such an incredible opportunity. Did you find it rather expensive? I got the impression that they were accustomed to paying quite high prices for ordinary things (at least in Tokyo).
I was working there... If you get paid there you won't find things expensive, if you know what I mean. :wink:
Then after a while you find that you can get things cheaper than usual, but still better quality than the rest of world...
Alextp
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Alextp »