[REQ] Inv. cursor & Inv. selection at the same time.

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Jungle

[REQ] Inv. cursor & Inv. selection at the same time.

Post by *Jungle »

now it is possible to use only inverted cursor or inverted selection. i'd like to have both inverted cursor and inverted selection but with additional color setting for the case when cursor is over selected item.
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Hmm, nice idea. Btu if the cursor and the selection had the same color, you wouldnt be able to tell if a file is selected or just has the cursor on it.

So IMHO three individual colors would be required. One for cursor, one for selection and a third one for selected files with cursor on it. If it will be configurable like this, I support this idea!
Jungle

Post by *Jungle »

StickyNomad wrote:So IMHO three individual colors would be required. One for cursor, one for selection and a third one for selected files with cursor on it.
You're right. BTW, there may be also a focus rectangle around cursor.
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

Support++

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Nice to see this thread arising from the abyss :)

Although Christian told me a while ago in an Email that this is not too easy because of the additional used colors, I hope one time this feature will be added.

Man, I've been really waiting for years for that feature. Because often I have to look twice which files are selected (especially as I'm using diferent filetype colors), and I don't want to stop using my beloved inverted cursor to use inverted selection. So once again: I think this will massively improve usability because you can spot at one short glance which files are selected AND where the cursor is positioned actually.

So again: support +++