[REQ] Synchronize directories with case sensitivity

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

rolandd

[REQ] Synchronize directories with case sensitivity

Post by *rolandd »

Hello all,

Today I was comparing a lot of files where only 1 letter changed from lowercase to uppercase. When I did a synchronize directories, it did show it as different but double clicking it said, 0 differences found.

Double clicking it brings up the compare by contents window. There I can check case sensitivity. By doing this, the difference is highlighted. Before finding this, I had done the synchronize directories three times. Only then I found that checking it once, it also applied to the synchronize directories.

The request is to add this checkbox also to the synchronize directories screen so we know what we are comparing.

Anybody?

Regards,

RolandD
Registered user #92105
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

When I did a synchronize directories, it did show it as different but double clicking it said, 0 differences found.
When you use "compare by contents", it can result in two cases:
1. The two files are binary-identical -> compare will not even open, but show a message "the two files are identical!".

2. The two files differ in at least one byte -> compare will open, and show the number of differences according to the currently chosen compare options.

So if the compare dialog opens, you can be sure that the files are NOT identical.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com