Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

[Bug]Undisappearing unmounted disk

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

I'm almost sure this was posted, but...

1. Get Ahead Nero 6.
2. Install it & run ImageDrive. It will say it isn't enabled & will ask you to enable it. Do it & reboot.
3. After reboot run ImageDrive again and mount some ISO-file as a disk. If size CAN matter then mount DVD9 (mine was an image of DVD-video, so its file system wasn't UDF)
4. Close ImageDrive.
5. Do something with that image in TC (open with plugin or something).
6. Open ImageDrive and unmount the disk (it is to be done through the SECOND tab), but leave the drive enabled (it can be disabled through the FIRST tab).
7. In Explorer the drive itself disappears. In TC in My Computer it also can't be found.
8. But via Alt+F1/F2 it is still selectable (but TC says it can't find the drive).

P.S.: when I use normal drive and open it, the drive in TC disappears. When I use a USB card, it also disappears. Where is the problem?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

But via Alt+F1/F2 it is still selectable
This means that GetDriveType still reports an existing valid drive. Does the drive buttonbar show it too?
Where is the problem?
Total Commander has to rely on the correct return values from functions like GetDriveType. Apparently the Ahead driver does not return the correct values here when the drive is disconnected.
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Hehe. Strangely I considered THAT as a bug :oops:
When one opens a normal drive and gets out a CD, the drive itself still is there in My Computer. So is in this situation: the drive is there but it is inaccessible. All is right. (In 7) I've made a mistake: the drive didn't disappear from explorer - it only disappeared from TC's My Computer, but even this can't be reproduced anymore at my computer)
The topic can be deleted :roll:
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..