Menu With Icons.

Here you can propose new features, make suggestions etc.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

Lefteous wrote:A way is to to draw a light frame around dark areas. This looks really good when done professionally.
There is no way to guess what theme a user may use so there will always be complains about it by some users. IMHO, not selecting the icons is safer for avoiding such complaints.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Normally using latest TC on:
x32: WinXPx32 SP3
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Clo

Various styles…

Post by *Clo »

2wanderer

:) Hello !

• I checked in two text editors (both written in Delphi 7 & 5) :
- In one, the icon is selected with the string,
- In the other, the icon is NOT selected, but appears as a small button when the mouse cursor hovers it, like shown HERE
- That button works ! You may click it.
• Just my 0.02 € although I don't like at all that feature like it's implemented currently in TC…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Various styles…

Post by *wanderer »

Clo wrote:- In the other, the icon is NOT selected, but appears as a small button when the mouse cursor hovers it, like shown HERE
- That button works ! You may click it.
• Just my 0.02 € although I don't like at all that feature like it's implemented currently in TC…
I assume this is a custom menu control so it may not be possible to use it in TC. I'm not sure a clickable button would be much help in TC though. Anyway, what is that you do not like?
Last edited by wanderer on 2007-01-25, 12:57 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
x64: Clients/Servers from Win7 to Win11 and Win2K12Srv to Win2K22Srv, mainly Win10 though.
Clo

Not a mystery

Post by *Clo »

2wanderer

:) Again…
I assume this is a custom menu control so it may not be possible to use it in TC
• I don't know, I'm not a programmer. I could ckeck this in the scripts though, or ask for to the author (who is a friend).
Anyway, what is that you do not like?
• This is not a mystery ! I've already expressed that here, and before on the ß-test forum.
- I don't like the lack of quite fully customizable settings, similar to the button-bars one.
- I don't like the necessity to make a DLL to get custom icons, and not in all menus, and so on…
- I had drawn a mock-up in that way, but not considered.
- You can see it HERE.

• Point noted… ;)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
wanderer
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *wanderer »

2Clo

I get your point. TC has too many settings and many of them are being performed manually (via direct INI editing). TC7 adds many improvements in that area but there are still manual things and restrictions like what you describe. I guess Christian cannot do everything on his own as fast as we'd like. He's only human after all. :) I hope in the future he'll manage to add improvements like the one you describe and make TC customization easier and more flexible.
- Wanderer -

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Clo

If alive…

Post by *Clo »

2wanderer

• Thanks, there are good words to hear…

- Anyway, a big full rebuild of TC shall come, sooner or later, I hope for this (supposing I'll be alive still !)

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo