New beta plugin: WebDAV (WebFolders)

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by *ghisler(Author) »

That's odd, I just added the "Content-Type" header to the latest version of the plugin by request of a user where the server actually required it! It's very odd that a server would fail with a "Content-Type" header. Maybe someone should report this to the OwnCloud people...
Author of Total Commander
https://www.ghisler.com
damjang

Post by *damjang »

Thank you Sob! I try your version and work ok.

I also write to the ownCloud forum here to see if this can be a bug or problem on my server/configuration.
Airell

Retreiving old/cached files?

Post by *Airell »

Hi,

I have a situation where files are generated on the WebDav (OraDav) side. I use the TC WebDav 2.4 plugin to retrieve the files. It seems it shows only the 'first retrieved version' of the remote file.
When a remote WebDav file is generated again (new contents), TC will show a changed date (always +1h extra) and size, but when the file/contents is retrieved (Lister/View F3, Edit F4, Copied F5), it shows (a cached?) old previous version.
It even asks to overwrite the file with the correct file size, but when the transfer is complete, it's the old file.

When using a different WebDav tool (Oracle Drive), it will retrieve a newly generated file every time, where TC WebDav plugin keeps retrieving the old file, even after deleting the file and re-generating it and closing and opening TC.

Airell.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

The WebDAV plugin uses the Internet Explorer settings for caching. Please check the IE settings, and make sure that the file is either not cached, or checked for modifications each time (not once per session). Otherwise Windows will get the file from local cache.
pingmustard

Synchronize by Content doesn't seem to work?

Post by *pingmustard »

I tried to synchronize by content, and notice files that are possibly same, have a "?" as synch status. If I turn off synch "by content" option, the file is marked as "=".

Is there anyway to get "by content" compare to work?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, sync by content isn't currently supported, because TC would have to download all files just to compare them with the local files.
pingmustard

Post by *pingmustard »

ghisler(Author) wrote:Sorry, sync by content isn't currently supported, because TC would have to download all files just to compare them with the local files.
Any chance to add this in the future? We use it on the local network, and usually we're not comparing the root, just specific feature folders, so the download cost seems reasonable.

Also, it would avoid others asking why the checkbox doesn't work in the future? :)
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

All server admins would hate me if I added this. :(

If it's in the intranet, it would be best to install an FTP server which supports one of the commands XCRC, XMD5, XSHA1 or HASH. This way the server would just send checksums to the client.
pingmustard

WebDav - Compare by Content Hate?

Post by *pingmustard »

ghisler(Author) wrote:All server admins would hate me if I added this. :(

If it's in the intranet, it would be best to install an FTP server which supports one of the commands XCRC, XMD5, XSHA1 or HASH. This way the server would just send checksums to the client.
Why would the admins hate you for a feature that works as expected, and consistently? If they don't want to compare by content, then don't check the option? I've had no problem unchecking it in the past when things ran too slow (eg: over VPN).

Also, we're using this against an SVN repository via Apache + WebDav; unfortunately, we don't have FTP installed on there, but I would definitely put in a request for our IT to investigate. Do you have any tip/pointers on this avenue? I've used FTP in the past, but have not come across the hashing commands you've listed. Does IIS support these?
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because of all the extra traffic...
flo

Post by *flo »

Some months ago, i wrote:
"Quick connection" doesn't work in webdav 2.3 with windows 7 x64

If i try to use it, appears "InternetConnect failed: Filename, Folder Name or the syntax of the volume label is incorrect."

I tried to reinstall the plugin but the problem continues. How can i resolve it?
Is there a solution to be able to use this "Quick connection" option?

Thanks
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

flo wrote:Some months ago, i wrote:
"Quick connection" doesn't work in webdav 2.3 with windows 7 x64

If i try to use it, appears "InternetConnect failed: Filename, Folder Name or the syntax of the volume label is incorrect."

I tried to reinstall the plugin but the problem continues. How can i resolve it?
Is there a solution to be able to use this "Quick connection" option?
Confirmed. Quick connection is not working on my system too (Windows XP). I don't have all versions, but it works fine in version 1.4b, does not work in versions 2.2b1, 2.3 and 2.5.
white wrote:2ghisler(Author)

Please update topic start. Please add a link to the final version and update the text:
To the maintainers of clubtotal.tk and totalcmd.net: Please do NOT put this plugin on your sites yet! It is in an early beta stage.
2ghisler(Author): Can you please update first post?

The download link in first post is dead again.
Perhaps rename the thread to "WebDAV plugin (WebFolders)"?

I had a problem connecting to a server. The connection was terminated right after connection. Turned out it was because of a folder named "<test" and the server not handling this well. After moving the folder to a sub folder "aaa", I could connect again. But I could not access folder aaa.
logfile wrote:Server: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.3.10
DAV_??.tmp wrote:<?xml version="1.0"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
<D:response>
<D:href>https://webfolders.(server name deleted).nl/aaa/%3Ctest/</D:href>
<D:propstat>
<D:prop>
<D:displayname><test</D:displayname>
<D:getlastmodified>Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:29:44 GMT</D:getlastmodified>
<D:getcontenttype>text/html</D:getcontenttype>
<D:resourcetype><D:collection/></D:resourcetype>
</D:prop>
<D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
</D:propstat>
</D:response>
</D:multistatus>
As you can see the server did use the entity reference "<" for the "<" sign in the displayname field. Of course it is the server's fault, but apparently webDAV plugin is not very forgiving. It looks like a tag without closing ">" is not closed by the first encountered "<" sign. With IE and Firefox I can connect to the server/access the folder.
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, quick connection is currently broken.

The server reports to support valid xml, but apparently it's not valid. The invalid name "<test" is the beginning of a tag which goes until the end of the file.
Andrey67

Post by *Andrey67 »

Ask the author of WebDAV to include in the plugin WebDAV the ability to encrypt and decrypt files on-the-fly. So, as implemented in the program CarotDAV. But the program CarotDAV has an interface like Windows Explorer. It is inconvenient. And it can't mount the virtual disk. We all like Total Commander. And in the plug-in WebDAV lack the ability to encrypt files.
Thanks!
ghisler(Author)
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have thought about this myself, but unfortunately there is no standard format - the files would only be readable by Total Commander.