New freeware plugin available: CD/DVD Burner

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Clo

Yes, but---

Post by *Clo »

:) Hello !
Nigurrath wrote:just a general wondering: after a fast start with few fies in few weeks, this plugin stopped at all and no new versions arose... that's a pity.
• Yes, this is right; I guess the most bugs have been fixed, and the plugins works in a very satisfactory way for its most users.
- But the topic has a chance to get the plot again, due to a certain use wanted and expressed here.
- The Author of XnView seems interested on the plugin, and common TC / XnView users should be happy
to get this mode, I think…

:mrgreen: Kind regards,
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

As I have read on the official forum, Locutus is disappointed about moral of donating and therefore his desires to continue the project are low.

Well, I am rather confused by this actually. This thread has been started and marked as "new freeware plugin", not as "it's freeware but I want your money" plugin, so maybe he should have made clear what his intentions have been when releasing this.

The problem imho is also that he has left this forum and instead has created his own. The last "news" from Locutus in this forum and on the website is dated April 2005, this is not enough to keep people informed and interested. It's a shame, but that's reality.
If noone knows that beta testers are needed, it's no wonder that feedback is low, what else can you expect?

There is so much great freeware around that the need to actually pay for software is limited to software that has no freeware alternative but still donating works if it's presented nicely. Just watch http://donationcoder.com who have developed an impressive collection of donationware in a short time. Maybe it would be a good idea to join the team...

Icfu
This account is for sale
chea

Post by *chea »

This burner is really great! :D

The best thing is that it is fast to use, much faster than Nero. And easier to use, too.

Two thing, tho:

1. The ability to see and remove files from previous sessions. (Yes, I know you're working on it :))

2. The ability to not have the splash screen at the first startup. When TC is first lounched it takes a sec or two.

Cheers!
D1P

Post by *D1P »

Yes, there is a question: development of a plug-in is present or not? Last available version of plugin dated 10.03.2005 (v. 0.9.3), and since then I didn't observe any updates. It is very interesting to me, what happened...
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

The author was/is very disappointed about the low number of donations. For now, there is no development.

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Yes, there is a question: development of a plug-in is present or not? Last available version of plugin dated 10.03.2005 (v. 0.9.3), and since then I didn't observe any updates. It is very interesting to me, what happened...
You could read my posting above yours, it's not that I have made it for fun. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
KyleK

Post by *KyleK »

Hello,

I recently started to use a Limited User account (LUA) in Windows XP, for security reasons. Unfortunately, in such an account TCBurner fails. When entering the plugin, a dialog pops up "not allowed". I first figured it's some registry/file access problem and scanned with regmon/filemon, but to no avail.

Has anybody been successful in using this plugin on a limited account? It would help me a great deal.

I know, I can always run TotalCommander with Admin privileges, but that's a hassle :p
JP

Post by *JP »

Is the plugin's author still there? It seems that it doesn't post in this forum since april 2005...
Does anybody here know him? That's a pitty the development stopped. It's a really nice an useful plugin.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

JP, why don't you look like yourself again ?

I don't have problem with you using me as you, but sometimes I start reading my post and start thinking.... "hmm... I don't remember saying this.... when was that... hmm.." just to relaise it is not me, but you.

Thank you.
Majkinetor ™
Habemus majkam!
geowink

TCBurner Plugin

Post by *geowink »

I guess I'm missing something. I look at the WFX area and it says I have the CD/DVD Burner installed. But where is it? How do use the burner? Where is the/a command? Guess I need some help. THANKS...

George

Post by *Sticky »

Greetings,
Like most wfx plugins, you can access the cd burner via network neighborhood. (That's the \ or bottom drive in the pulldown box).
i.e. ALt+F1 (or f2) then \

Btw, this is the general forum. While your post is somewhat appropriate here, it might have been better in the cdburner thread in the plugins forum.

Hope that helps!
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Re: TCBurner Plugin

Post by *Sheepdog »

geowink wrote:I guess I'm missing something. I look at the WFX area and it says I have the CD/DVD Burner installed. But where is it? How do use the burner? Where is the/a command? Guess I need some help. THANKS...

George
Go to the network neighbouthood. There should be a Folder "CD/DVD Burner". Enter it and you will find subfolders for the different purposes (Project Audio; Project Data etc.) Enter the desired folder, copy the files and doubleclcik the "burn media" file.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

[mod]Merged thread TCBurner Plugin.

Hacker (Moderator)[/mod]
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.

Post by *Sticky »

icfu wrote:As I have read on the official forum, Locutus is disappointed about moral of donating and therefore his desires to continue the project are low.
I agree with icfu and I am also confused. If you read the first few pages of this thread, you will see that development was taking place very quickly and it was likely that the official release would be out in less than 2 months from the original post....

Lots of people think this plugin is great, and lots of people would be willing to donate for it, but at the time it seemed that the official release was impending and I presume most people who didn't donate immediately were waiting for at least something resembling an "official release" before doing so.

Now that more than a year has gone by, I don't think Loc2262 has much of a case for sour grapes. If he thinks all of us have misled him, he should stop to think about how he has mislead all of us.

That said, I still intend to donate $10 or more should the plugin ever finish to be developed (i.e. all the loose ends in this thread and on his forum which he has implied would be fixed have been, or at least attempted). It really is a great piece of software, and though I've said it many times before, I thank him for putting it out in the first place!
krstatzar

Post by *krstatzar »

Oh yes, this is great plugin, lovely looks :lol: