[REQ] for WdxInfoPacker plugin

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hello

I have problems with extracting the "created time" of files. When I use "creation time" with shelldetails.wdx

Code: Select all

@Mod=Geändert am@ShellDetails.wdx
I get a time-difference of 2 hours. It seem to be the time between my real-time (i.e. it is 14:06 in Switzerland: GMT + 1 h Central Europe + 1 h summer time) and the real GMT.

But I need my "real time in Switzerland".

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Hello

I'm searching for a way to use the UNC-Path in WDXinfopacker.

Is it possible or necessary to integrate the TC-command "cm_CopyNetNamesToClip"?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
franck8244
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *franck8244 »

2Peter
Hi,
IIRC, I wrote a little wdx plugin that returns the unc path ...I'll have to search my archive.

About your date problem, I have started to work on it. (I have to read the gmt delay from the registry and deal with it ...)
TC#88260 -
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Peter, April 12, 2008 wrote:Hello

I have problems with extracting the "created time" of files. When I use "creation time" with shelldetails.wdx...
Fixed in Version 1.4.1 from May 14, 2008:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/WdxInfopacker.html

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

franck8244 wrote:...IIRC, I wrote a little wdx plugin that returns the unc path ...I'll have to search my archive....
Hello Franck

something new?
franck8244 wrote:...About your date problem, I have started to work on it. (I have to read the gmt delay from the registry and deal with it ...)
Thank you very much for your bug-fixing-update.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Molecule

WdxInfoPacker 2.10 -- installation problem

Post by *Molecule »

some confusion for starters -- the program suggests it is a wcx (packer plugin) -- the name suggests it is a wdx (content plugin) ... ignore name

I unzip'd WdxInfoPacker.zip inside its own subdir: c:\totalcmd\Plugins\WcxPackers\WdxInfoPacker

that put all files into the above subdir, and created two empty subdirs.

I moved .lng files to lng\ folder; and, bonus files to bonus\ folder, so as to replicate original zip structure.

Then I doubleclick WdxInfoPacker.wcx

I get a popup message "Program Not Found" Windows cannot find PLUGMAN.EXE. This program is needed for opening files of type 'Total Commander Packer Plugin'.

A search of harddrive C: cannot find the required file.

I'm using tc6.54a with w98se -- hope that's not problem.

any help appreciated.

(I am really looking for a DiskDir-like plugin, that does a dump of the fat file, preserving granularity in all three dates. DiskDir goes a good job, but only gives the modified date.)
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

"Program Not Found" Windows cannot find PLUGMAN.EXE
At one tme or another you must have had TC Plugins Manager installed and associated it with .wcx files.

You can get Plugins Manager again from: http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/tc_plugman.html

But you don't need Plugins Manager, this plugin is self installable - just doubleclick the WdxInfoPacker.zip file from within TC.

If this doesn't work check whether you have AutoInstallPlugins=0 in your wincmd.ini and change it to AutoInstallPlugins=1
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Molecule

Post by *Molecule »

Thanks for your help, petermad

I tried doubleclick WdxInfoPacker.zip as you suggested, but it didn't work (see below). I try it again, still the same results.

I used plugman to uninstall WdxInfoPacker plugin, then TC to delete related files. Then I restarted TC to begin fresh (plugman confirms uninstall)

in left window, I doubleclick WdxInfoPacker.zip [447,856 byte] in my download archive, unzipping into right window, my wcx folder= c:\totalcmd\Plugins\wcxPacker\

(my packer plugins directory is wcxPacker)

dialog asks, do I want to install plugin -- yes

dialog asks folder to install to, default is [C:\TOTALCMD\plugins\wcxPacker\WdxInfoPacker] -- yes

dialog asks, Associate all file with extension [WdxInfo] (default), with [C:\TOTALCMD\plugins\wcxPacker\WdxInfoPacker\WdxInfoPacker.wcx] (also default) -- yes

restart TC and plugman

plugman shows WdxInfoPacker, installed and idle, assoc with WdxInfo

in TC highlight any folder (example HelpFile)

start packer alt+F5

packer dialog asks: Pack 1 file(s) to archive
WdxInfo:C:\totalcmd\Plugins\Tools&Utilis\Plugman\HelpFile.WdxInfo
(default is ok)

select Packer (•) ->[WdxInfo]

leave [v] pack path names
leave [v] pack recursively

hit [OK] to pack

progress message box opens, Total Commander Plugin (WdxInfo): 0%

message box overwrites: Warning You have to Configure the Plugin [OK], then message box Plugin User abort! [OK]

check config in TC, select Configuration Options Packer

at the bottom select [Configure packer extension WCXs]

in dropdown box (starts empty) select [WdxInfo]

dialog automatically highlights proper wcx, e.g. Associate with [279,C:\TOTALCMD\plugins\wcxPacker\WdxInfoPacker\WdxInfoPacker.wcx]

press [OK-to close associate] [OK-to close packer config]

Try again (select a folder, alt+F5) >> same result: "You have to configure plugin"

Is there an easier way to print file date informations, including date+time created, as well as date+time last modified, preserving seconds granularity?
--platonic solids begin with sexagesimal-modulated rotational action --with negentropic bindings at nodal points --artifacts of congruence and similitude of harmonic-geometric forces within the ætheric and real domains --the tetrahedron for example
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Step 1 - Installation:
Should be OK now.

Step 2 - Plugman and doubleclick on wcx:
Forget it. Not important here.

Step 3 - Selecting folder:
I'm not sure if the plugin works with folders. I think you have to select only files.

Step 4 - Configuration of Plugin:
The author has a very fine and detailed help on his website. You have an url-file in your plugin-directory or you can start it here:
helpFile.url.
WdxInfoPacker is a very powerful tool, it can not be explained in five lines. Please read the help to understand the tool.

Step 4.5 - using userdefined columns:
If you have user-defined columns in your TC, you can import that configuration. The plugin-config-dialogue has a tab named "Import" - open it, select the Wincmd.ini you are using - all named userdefined columns appear in the left menu - select one - it takes the name and the definitions - press the "import" button on the right - ready to start.

Try it.

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
petermad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *petermad »

"You have to configure plugin"
Means that you have to click the "Configure" button that is placed right under the text: "* needs external packer"
License #524 (1994)
Danish Total Commander Translator
TC 11.03 32+64bit on Win XP 32bit & Win 7, 8.1 & 10 (22H2) 64bit, 'Everything' 1.5.0.1371a
TC 3.50 on Android 6 & 13
Try: TC Extended Menus | TC Languagebar | TC Dark Help | PHSM-Calendar
Molecule

Post by *Molecule »

thanks Peter and petermad

I reinstalled WdxInfoPacker

TC left window - downloaded WdxInfoPacker.zip || right window target directory c:\totalcmd\Plugins\wCxPacker\

doubleclick zip - TC asks if want to install plugin > [YES]
next message asks: Install to: C:\TOTALCMD\plugins\wcxPacker\WdxInfoPacker > [OK]
next message asks: Associate [WdxInfo] with [C:\TOTALCMD\plugins\wcxPacker\WdxInfoPacker\WdxInfoPacker.wcx] > [OK]

highlight a directory, then alt+F5, then select (•) WdxInfo [Configure]

named a scheme "shell->csv" and saved it (blank)

program created WdxInfoPack.ini and Scheme.ini in c:\totalcmd\ near to default location of wincmd.ini (relocated with inireloc.exe)

so far so good.

in example_for_scheme.ini in bonus subdir, is the following section

[Example: Directory -> CSV]
use="abcdeh"
Extension=".csv"
Divider=","
header="File,Size,Date,Attributs"
before="%N"
name="@Mod=size.kbytes@filesys.wdx; kB"
between="@Mod=writedate@filesys.wdx; ;@Mod=writetime.h:m@filesys.wdx;"
wdxinfo="@Mod=attributes@filesys.wdx;"
after=""
footer=""
ExtensionList=""
RightAlign=0
DoNotWriteEmpty=1
SaveErrorLog=1
MaxRight=12
use="abcdeh" (skips "fg" - any reason for that?)
before="%N" (which is long file name with extension)

hmmm... filesys.wdx??

the WdxInfoPacker_example.ini found in bonus folder shows the line filesys.wdx=C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\FileSys\filesys.wdx

search "filesys.wdx" on http://www.totalcmd.net/directory/content.html returns null

is FileSys.wdx still available? or just use ShellDetails.wdx?

where does the expression "@Mod=" come from? Is it just something WdxInfoPack uses to start a new "element," or more?

If I have a content plugin, like filesys.wdx or ShellDetails.wdx, how do I find out what its output fields are called? For the ShellDetails wdx, pressing the [+] button on the Scheme tab dosn't show any field names. (Selecting any of the other wdx plugins and the [+] expands into a list of field names.)

Has anyone already done a scheme.ini for dumping ShellDetails to csv?
--platonic solids begin with sexagesimal-modulated rotational action --with negentropic bindings at nodal points --artifacts of congruence and similitude of harmonic-geometric forces within the ætheric and real domains --the tetrahedron for example
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

Molecule wrote:...
"abc" is the internal code for the options you have selected in the "scheme-tab". "Header" is "a" and so on ...
before="%N" (which is long file name with extension)

hmmm... filesys.wdx??

the WdxInfoPacker_example.ini found in bonus folder shows the line filesys.wdx=C:\totalcmd\Plugins\wdx\FileSys\filesys.wdx

search "filesys.wdx" on http://www.totalcmd.net/directory/content.html returns null

is FileSys.wdx still available? or just use ShellDetails.wdx?...
I use shelldetails.wdx, I don't know the other plugin.

Molecule wrote:...where does the expression "@Mod=" come from? Is it just something WdxInfoPack uses to start a new "element," or more?...
Yes, it means for the program "Place here the information which is defined after the '= string'."

If I have a content plugin, like filesys.wdx or ShellDetails.wdx, how do I find out what its output fields are called?...
There are two similar functions:
When you define in TC an user-defined column, you will find on the right side a small "+-button". It will open a list of all WCX-Plugins, and each plugin displays the kind of information it can give to you.
The same "+-button" is placed in the "Scheme-tab" of WDXInfopacker. To enable it you have to check the path to the plugins in the "General-tab" (right, centre).

Has anyone already done a scheme.ini for dumping ShellDetails to csv?
Here is a draft for writing Path+File and "three dates" to a csv.
Attention: This is made with the german version of shelldetails.wcx and german date-formats. Maybe you have to change it.

[times_csv]
use="abceg"
Extension=".csv"
Divider=""
header="Time informations%LPath%TChanged%TAccess%TCreated"
before="%P"
name="%N%T"
between=""
wdxinfo="@Mod=Geändert am@ShellDetails.wdx;%T;@Mod=Letzter Zugriff am@ShellDetails.wdx;%T;@Mod=Erstellt am@ShellDetails.wdx"
after=""
footer="This is the last line."
DirectoryText=""
ExtensionList=""
AdditionalText=""
DisplayComment=
AddCounter=0
DoNotWriteEmpty=0
SaveErrorLog=0
MaxRight=12
IntervalNbr=1
CounterLength=0
CounterPos=1
RecursionDepth=1
strReplaceValue="|"
strReplace=0
Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Molecule

Post by *Molecule »

Thanks Peter!

hope I edit this before I you caught it ...

ShellDetails requries w2k or higher. (per Lefteous details page at http://lefteous.totalcmd.net/tc/docs/shelldetails/readme.htm)

I am using 98se.

I even tried v112, which came before unicode in v120 (currrent), to no avail. unicode can be installed on 98se, but no matter.

arghhh ... I am iced out, unless someone perchance has an old copy of CG's filesys.wdx? CG left a copy of his source code here https://plugins.ghisler.com/lsplugins/listplugsample.zip, but not a compiled result.

Again, thanks for trying to help.
Peter
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Peter »

I am using 98se.
Back to the roots....

You are trying to make a list of your files, displaying the name and the times of "creation / changing / last access". Right?

Here on Win XP I could solve it with the old DOS command "dir" plus parameters. Maybe it is possible in Win98 SE too?

Peter
TC 10.xx / #266191
Win 10 x64
Molecule

Post by *Molecule »

For the 98se users, filesys.wdx works fine. Doubtless not as elegant as ShellDetails, but it requires w2k. A compiled version of filesys.wdx is found in the debug folder of https://plugins.ghisler.com/lsplugins/listplugsample.zip.

because filesys.wdx was installed after WdxInfoPack was first initiated, it was unaware that a new plugin had been installed. So I edited the WdxInfoPacker.ini manually to add filesys.wdx to the [PluginList] subsection. (As an after-thought, I think the [check now] button on the General tab of the WdxInfoPack config dialog would have done the same thing...)

this scheme.ini section worked for me -- very fast.

I also edited the long line in the Scheme.ini file as well, although I think it shows up in the dialog editor as well.

[filedates]
use="abcdefg"
Extension=".csv"
Divider=""
header="filename%T size%T created%T --%T modified%T --%T accessed"
before=""
name="%N%T"
between="@Mod=size.bytes@filesys.wdx;%T;@Mod=creationdate@filesys.wdx;%T;@Mod=creationtime@filesys.wdx;%T;@Mod=writedate@filesys.wdx;%T;@Mod=writetime@filesys.wdx;%T;@Mod=accessdate@filesys.wdx"
wdxinfo=""
after=""
footer=""
DirectoryText=""
ExtensionList=""
AdditionalText=""
DisplayComment=
AddCounter=0
DoNotWriteEmpty=0
SaveErrorLog=1
MaxRight=0
IntervalNbr=1
CounterLength=0
CounterPos=1
RecursionDepth=0
strReplaceValue="|"
strReplace=0
thanks everybody.