Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

Cool app, that Snippy. :)

I have requested the feature in the WinSnap forum, author is interested:
http://www.ntwind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=388#388

Another screenshot app, can automatically create thumbnails and upload to FTP, also tiny and standalone:
FGWndGrab

Icfu
This account is for sale
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

RegPad is a .reg-files viewer and editor.

Icfu
This account is for sale
klsgfx

Post by *klsgfx »

icfu wrote:If you can name a free alternative to WSM that shows a preview pic and autoconverts and autosaves screenshots to PNG, offers hotkey support and some of the other goodies, and I mean a clean and simple app, please name it here and you will win a cookie.
What about: Purrint (http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~tsr22/apps/#purrint)
Not as many fancy options as WSM, but nice, clean, handy and usefull.
I tried many screen capturer, but only a few of them can use the PrntScrn-button to take the snapshot. WSM can do so too and Purrint.
Is it worth a cookie?

Gruß
Klaus
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

I tried many screen capturer, but only a few of them can use the PrntScrn-button to take the snapshot. WSM can do so too and Purrint.
I haven't seen much screenshot apps that can NOT use printscreen actually, all of those I proposed here can use it IIRC.
Is it worth a cookie?
Sure. ;) It has nice PNG compression but it lacks features like user-defined area shots, only (ALT+)Printscreen is supported.

Icfu
This account is for sale
SQUIRE

Post by *SQUIRE »

Actually, guys, we need to hand all the cookies over to HyperSnap-DX5 because in sheer breadth of functionality it runs rings round all the freebies. :lol:

Then we have to snatch them right back again because it ain't free. :evil:
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

RSS Feader:
:) 230K, light, fast
:roll: no proxy yet, but in next version

www.snarfware.com

PS: notice that sweet logo !

Searh engine for programmers :!: :!: :!:
http://www.koders.com/

-------
FGWndGrab :roll: doesn't work in Opera !
FGWndGrab :) many cool options for those who use it a lot
Habemus majkam!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

fungusTabs can create sets of windows that are grouped together and made accessible by tabs docked to the window.
This one is a real gem and has just been made available again by the author, don't miss it! ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

fungusTabs :D :D

How nice.... excellent !

2 icfu
Hej icfu.

I am currently working on this freeware app (cross browser bookmark manager with screenshots). The link is avi screenshot. Did you find anything like this available online for free (I didn't), and, the most important, what do you think.

My plans are this app to represent itself as 4-th button in caption of monitored browsers. It doesn't store any specific file formats so you will be able to watch screenshots from your fav viewer, and use regular Win Favorites folder to make compatibile with the system. It is only the interface so you still have your urls without the app itself.

all others are invited to look .

m
JP

Post by *JP »

icfu wrote:fungusTabs can create sets of windows that are grouped together and made accessible by tabs docked to the window.
This one is a real gem and has just been made available again by the author, don't miss it! ;)

Icfu
If you work with maximized windows, it's completely useless.
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

It's not, you just have no clue and honestly after that statement I don't have any desires to explain you how to get it to work with maximized windows. Go help yourself or ignore the app, I don't care.

@majki:
I'll check later and message you on ICQ. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
JP

Post by *JP »

icfu wrote:Go help yourself or ignore the app, I don't care.Icfu
Hey, calm down! I did not offend you. I tried the program changed the configuration and nothing. And the readme doesn't help very much. But you don't need to be nervous and yell on me. If you don't want to help, I regret. But I DID NOT offend you. After trying the program, I expressed my opinion about what was for me a big limitation. If I was wrong, sorry, I'm not the perfect one. You just don't need to get angry.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

he just had a bad day.... nothing more.
Habemus majkam!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@JP:
Indeed I had a very bad day, actually an evening. Sorry. :cry:

Anyway, on days like that it's always better to read something like "Is there a possibility to make this app work with maximized windows? I haven't found one." instead of your lapidary "COMPLETELY useless with maximized Windows".

So, here you are. All you need to to do is reserve a part of the desktop that maximized windows are not allowed to cover.

As an AutoHotkey user you would use that script, it's adjusted for 1152*864, double taskbar, classic GUI, fungusTabs attached on top, so you have to play around till it fits on your system. For this you have to edit the last values of the first four lines starting with DllCall:

Code: Select all

VarSetCapacity(area, 16)

;left X-coordinate of desktop area
DllCall("ntoskrnl.exe\RtlFillMemoryUlong", "uint", &area+0, "uint", 4, "uint", 4)
;top Y-coordinate  of desktop area
DllCall("ntoskrnl.exe\RtlFillMemoryUlong", "uint", &area+4, "uint", 4, "uint", 22)
;right x-coordinate of desktop area
DllCall("ntoskrnl.exe\RtlFillMemoryUlong", "uint", &area+8, "uint", 4, "uint", A_ScreenWidth)
;bottom Y-coordinate of desktop area
DllCall("ntoskrnl.exe\RtlFillMemoryUlong", "uint", &area+12, "uint", 4, "uint", A_ScreenHeight-58)

;set desktop area with SPI_SETWORKAREA
DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", "uint", 0x2F, "uint", 0, "uint", &area, "uint", 0)

VarSetCapacity(area, 0)

If you don't want to use AHK, you can also give Hawkeye ShellInit a try which is specialized in scripting desktop area.

Code: Select all

Margin, 0, Top, 18
HTH

Icfu
This account is for sale
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

@majkinetor:
The idea is cool, I wished something like that, hovering bookmarks opens preview pic, would already exist in Opera but I am also sure that such a thing will be developed sooner or later as it's overdue. The 9.0 TP is already able to store notices per website so the idea of also saving preview images is more than likely.

About your app:
How will those preview images be created? Will you parse Opera bookmark file, clone folder structure and automatically load and save preview images whenever something changes?

Regarding alternatives:
A quick search in the EFB board revealed this app, haven't tried it though:
http://www.netvisualize.com/

Also coming to my mind right now is FavMan but it's not freeware. Can save preview pics, refresh favicons, import/export, check availability, etc...

Regarding your hovering function, this is possible with ShortPopUp that can also be integrated in TC and then be used to browse the IE favourites folder, but of course you have to create the images yourself for each .URL you want to preview, not too comfortable I think. ;)

Icfu
This account is for sale
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

but I am also sure that such a thing will be developed sooner or later as it's overdue
don't ever think like this.... take MHT for example, I am waiting 5 years for it..... the same is true with this. I got free registration helping author of SVBookmarks but I quit becuase despite all eforts it is useless and very baggy. I checked the apps you mention and I will check them in detail later but from respective sites I noticed they have their own app without connections to browsers.... and that is bad along with the fact they are >2MB.
How will those preview images be created?
Those screeenshots on the avi were creaated using the app itself but I didn't show you this. I use IE COM Interface to grab html from the net and convert it to image of desired size. You can check little app I did before starting this to make sure I know how to do it. The app is available via Simtel.net

HtmlToImage http://www.simtel.net/product.php[id]90992[sekid]0[SiteID]simtel.net

Parsing of Opera file is not very important.... I am making it to be functional with new urls for now.... importing later.

The main trouble now, and the fact it it isn't released yet is that I have some problem while IE is downloading page from net (CPU jumps to 80% ?!, I don't know why, and it doesn't happen in HtmlToImage which screenshoot engine I use).

Also I don't have much time anymore, but I think that I will recode entire app in Visual Studio. Currently it is in Delphi and it is about 700k but I consider it to be large so I will try to shirnk it in VS.

Thank you for your time. After your hints I am totaly positive I will do it, since non of the mentioned apps is not quite practical (I was hopping you will find something like this and save me from work, but I already searched the net up and down in previous 3 years)
Habemus majkam!