Useful 3rd party tools to complement TC

Discuss and announce Total Commander plugins, addons and other useful tools here, both their usage and their development.

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

2 Samy
I would say, the difference is some 120 K
Really ! Well, answers like this provoke the worst in me, and that is really bad since I am the DARK LORD and the you don't wanna mess with "the worst" of such creature.

+

this is the meaning of my post:

As a MUSIC MAKER, you probably know that not all things are on linear scale, but some are on logaritmic, exponential etc.... so "real difference" between two values is not the same as subtraction of two values. You may know this from the fact that third octave goes from 440HZ to 880HZ while forth from about 900HZ to 1800HZ, and you have feeling of same note distance.

The same is true in CPU's secundary cache... there are some optimal values.... you don't improve performance much switching from 256KB to 512KB and you do when you move from 128 to 256.

So, this is basicly the same question.
Yes, I don't use any shell enhancements. Simply because I don't need them to do my work.
You don't use them becuase you never wanted so.
You are like my first colegue on the work who never use arrays in Visual Basic because he doesn't need them.The fact is that he desn't need them because he don't know them. It is same with you. I gave you SuperCollider link and you said "oh.. i don't need that, I have my style" and we gave you DM2 and you said "don't need that for MY work". And what is your work ? Do you work in DOS ? Only in that case I rest my case here.

I learned so far that is very unlikely that old people such as you can think about the things they do for years. Habits... old habits.... the greatest misery of all.
Habemus majkam!
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

The fact is that he desn't need them because he don't know them.
So true... A German proverb says
Was der Bauer nicht kennt, frißt er nicht
for a reason. ;)

If the farmer doesn't know it he doesn't eat it.

Icfu
This account is for sale
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

After years of developing, The free Web Editor 1sPage2006 has been released (maybe some older ones around here still can remember its predecessor 1stPage200 :wink: ). It's stuffed (nearly bloated) with features especially for Web developing, so as an allroud Editor I still recommend the more lean PSPad.

But for serious Web programming, 1stPage has got some great features:

- Real-time preview
- WYSIWYG editing (didn't tested it yet)
- CSS Designer
- Many predefined scripts and automating tools (Rollover, Thumbnails, Navigation)
- Choosable GUI-modes
- Support for Html, Perl, PHP, CSS, ASP, Coldfusion, SSI

Full feature list

Disadvantages:
- Takes a while to load, overall performance could be a bit better (on Athlon 1400)
- AFAIK only available in english

I didn't work with this release much yet, but it looks very promising, though I'm not sure if it can beat PSPad.
djk
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *djk »

2StickyNomad
Thanks for the info.
I remember it and I thought the project has died.
I use another editor but AFAIR it was really nice one.
DJK
Totally addicted to Total Commander
totalcmd.pl
en.totalcmd.pl
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2djk
I remember it and I thought the project has died.
So did I. I occasionally checked the according forum and there was slooow progress noticeable, but I didn't expect a final release too.

A few years ago I worked with 1stPage2000 and was quite satisfied for a while until the lack of essential features (PHP-support etc.) made it unbearable to use furthermore. We'll see what this version brings...
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Screenshots look very nice, indeed.
Habemus majkam!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

Yup. It's definetely worth a try. But let's see how I'll judge this app after using it a while, PSPad sure is hard to beat IMHO...
Sam_Zen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sam_Zen »

2 majky
Did I mention any characteristics about the difference in values, being lineair or exponential or whatever ?
I don't think so. If you like to state that 120 Kb isn't bigger than 12 Kb, fine by me.
And it's not a matter of being conservative as an old geezer, sticking to DOS or so. I first check it out, then decide if I'm going to use it or not. If you call this a habit, fine by me.
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

This is something I created for myself, so I thought someone might be interested.

This is script to pack whole sites into one file (similar to mht). The site must be in one directory with arbitrary structure and main html (index, toc, default... anything) must be in that directory also. U connect this script to TC via Start with arguments:

Title=Create WAH archive
Command=create_wah.bat
Parameters=%N

After that, position the cursor over the main html and start the script. It will prompt you for a file name with default the same as directory name containing site. It will create .wah archive in parent ".." folder.

Look in the batch for details.
Click _install.bat to associate wah extension.
Cross browser, supports favorities.

Link: Web Archive
Last edited by majkinetor ! on 2006-01-26, 21:05 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Habemus majkam!
majkinetor !
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *majkinetor ! »

Very nice freeware Font Viewer

:D < 1MB unpacked
:D Open Type fonts suported
:D categories
:D no installation

AMP Font Viewer:
http://www.ampsoft.net/files/FontViewerSetup.exe
Habemus majkam!
StickyNomad
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *StickyNomad »

2majkinetor !
Thanks for the note, I once tried an older release and it worked really fine, but I kept on sticking with The FontThing, also free and also runs without installation, though it's no longer maintained but works well. I think they are quite equal in functionality but I simply got used to TFT. But I'll check the new AMP release for sure.
Stitscher
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Stitscher »

Bar None
Small application launcher. Love it! 8)
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

It's very strange that Bar None zen 0.95 contains more options (icon size, alpha, etc...) and is the most recent version of Bar None but lacks the settings entry. Anyway, manually starting the AllBarNone.exe from 1.0 version works with zen 0.95 too.

Am I missing something here?

Icfu
This account is for sale
CoMiKe

Post by *CoMiKe »

I've found two interesting freeware burning programs:
  • ImgBurn: From the creator of DVD Decrypter, it's very useful for writing any kind of CD/DVD images. It has the same clean interface from DVD Decrypter.
  • BurnAtOnce: Not a clean interface, but once you get used to it, you realize it's a nice burning application.
  • StarBurn SDK: They offer a free burning SDK for free software projects under some conditions. Perhaps someone is interested to write a CD/DVD burning plugin for TC :?: (as Tiasoft's TCBurner plugin seems somewhat stalled).
icfu
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *icfu »

For all those who think that CLCL offers too much features and who prefer it tiny, another clipboard logger:
ClipX

All three plugins are recommended. :)

Icfu
This account is for sale