Post by *VadiMGP »

"Dont_readme"
:lol:
"Classified. Delete before reading.txt"
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

There exist small hope for new versions of TCmenu and TCToolbar.
Cool!!! Hope, you'll find a way to support TC's internal variables like %$DESKTOP%.
Thanks for kind words but I've don't changed my mind.
Then I will wait for you to make some appropriate changes so WDXChart will not need any support - so it could be freely uploaded.

BTW, I can hardly understand why you all (plugin authors) hesitate to publish your plugins while they are unfinished/unsupported/have no readme etc.. What reason? Can't you write about plugin's development state in the description? If a user uses your plugin and crushes his computer with it - he can't blame the plugin author as he was warned. Actually, should a plugin author care for users which do not read descriptions and readmes? I guess shouldn't.
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

...why you all (plugin authors) hesitate to publish your plugins while they are unfinished/unsupported/have no readme etc.. What reason?
Because we are receiveing a lot of mails, ICQ messages, forum posts with questions, requests, comments(often very stuipid!) etc. But we don't want to waste our time for nothing and we don't like when somebody spends our time for wreck our nerves.
Actually, should a plugin author care for users which do not read descriptions and readmes? I guess shouldn't.
In theory you are right. Unfortunately in theory only. Experience is the best teacher. And I hope I'm a good learner.:wink:
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

Because we are receiveing a lot of mails, ICQ messages, forum posts with questions, requests, comments(often very stuipid!) etc.
Well, if you're speaking of this forum (not that at your site if you have any), you are free not to answer.
About ICQ - don't tell it to users :). Publish your ICQ in readme only if you want to receive ICQ messages on subject - am I right here?
Same with mails. Or you may publish only a mailbox like pluginname@hotmal.com and never visit it (maybe until you have time).
F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab, F6, Enter, Tab... - I like to move IT, move IT!..
Stance
Power Member
Power Member

Re: Adding an startmenu to a button.

Post by *Stance »

Andre Linoge wrote:I like have an (button)menu, like startmenu, added on the buttonbar; there is an user option to do this, but that puts the startmenu (with the programs) on the button. I like to have an similar menu for documents.
Is there an possibilitie to create such an menubutton?!
Hi Andre linogne,
please take a look at: menuApp, 32KB, Freeware.

How I use it, when I want to quick launch some files:
-I have created a directory, for example "Launch".
-Fill this folder with links to your desired documents .
-Put some links to your favorite folders in there, too. (Creates cascading submenues!)
-Drag&Drop "MenuApp.exe" into the TC -Buttonbar
-Rightclick on the new button, change the parameter and customize the icon and the tooltip:
Command:"C:\Programs\menuApp\MenuApp.exe"
Parameters:Start C:\Launch
Start path:C:\Programs\menuApp\
Icon file:
Tooltip: My documents...
When you download this little masterpiece of software, please save the HTM-manual from the DesktopApps -homepage on your Harddrive.
It looks much better as the "Do not readme.txt" :)

Use parameter -D for Desktop or -S for a complete Win -Startmenu in your TC Buttonbar!

Kind regards
Stance
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2XPEHOPE3KA
Look what you suggest:
1. Release software (that i dont want to release)
2. Write "readme" (that i dont want to write).
3. do not to answer on forum.
4. do not answer in ICQ.
5. create mail for every supported plugin

Another approach:
1. do not release unsupported software.

Now, guess what is my choice? :wink:
Let's draw a line:

Well, there good news - in TC7 you will be able to use %$DESKTOP% in TCMenu.
XPEHOPE3KA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *XPEHOPE3KA »

VadiMGP wrote:Another approach:
Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok... :wink:
VadiMGP wrote:Well, there good news - in TC7 you will be able to use %$DESKTOP% in TCMenu.
How would you know? You've seen it already?
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

How would you know?
Trust me. :wink:
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

2VadiMGR
Your TCToolbar & TCmenu are great (especially the latter), thanks a lot for them! Two requests, please:
1) When empty parameter is passed (e.g. %L if cursor points on the ".." line), don't display error message, but instead pass either all files in dir or the first file in dir.
2) Allow multiple levels of menu.
Thanks again.
Single user license #329241
PowerPro scripts for Total Commander
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Vochomurka
1) When empty parameter is passed (e.g. %L if cursor points on the ".." line), don't display error message,
It is not a TCmenu problem, it is very old TC bug. :)
2) Allow multiple levels of menu.
It is possible since version 1.8! What version do you use?
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

It is possible since version 1.8
I use 1.9 :). Sorry, I meant that n-th level does not disappear when I go to the (n+1)-th level, and all the path to the current item is visible, and I can return to any of the previous n levels.
Example: menu of Total Commander.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

2Vochomurka
readme wrote:Version 1.8
- Added support for nested .bar files. If choosen item contains in the command field .bar file name this bar will displayed instead of current menu. If parameter field contains word "menu", this .bar file will be attached to main menu as submenu.
Do you mean this?
Vochomurka
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Vochomurka »

Do you mean this?
Probably :). When I first read it, I spent some hours experimenting. It failed. Now I had a second attempt. With the same result. I'll be trying over and over again...
In fact, for multi-level menu I use PowerPro now. Making the menu itself is somewhat more time consuming than with TCmenu, but has some benefits in use: I don't care about where my cursor is when I open the menu, and whether a group or a single file is selected. In any case no error message is displayed.
It does not mean that TCmenu is worse. It means that 1) I have more success reading doc-file with some hundreds pages rather than readng shortest readmes; 2) Huge universal programs have some advantages over small special ones.

Added some minutes later
I've found where I had been mistaken :(. I've specified the same bar in 2nd level menu that in the 1st level. It gives no results (to say nothing about "Recursive" word). Anyway, it seems that my 2nd request is met already :). Thanks.

Now about the 1st request. Yes, I know this TC bug. But what about one more string in your program code: "if %L == "", run specified program with no parameter"? For example, if I select some jpg file(s), put cursor on "..", and try to run IrfanView using TCmenu, then IfranView is run with empty window (no file open)? This happens if to do all described above, but without TCmenu.
(It could be another reaction, e.g load 1st file in dir, all files in dir, current file in target panel, etc). I'd like to say that error message is very annoying.
Last edited by Vochomurka on 2006-04-15, 22:03 UTC, edited 2 times in total.
VadiMGP
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *VadiMGP »

I spent some hours experimenting. It failed. Now I had a second attempt. With the same result.
Hours?! Send me your .bar files by mail. It will take five minutes. :wink:
zbx

Post by *zbx »

TCmenu&TCtoolbar both are great tools, I like them!
But why TCmenu&TCtoolbar don't support TC(6.54a)'s internal commands?
I was tried many times, only can use "cd" command.

And %Commander_path% is not supported yet?
I was used it as %%Commander_path%%, and an error reported.