Power Member
Power Member

[Bug TC6.54a] disabled and checked "Only search in sele

Post by *white »

First:
  • Select some files or directories
  • Hit Alt+F7 (Search)
  • Select some search options or do nothing
  • Save the search under a new name (like "test")
  • Close the search window
Then:
  • Make sure no files or directories are selected
  • Hit Alt+F7 (Search)
  • Load the previously saved search ("test")
  • You can not search any files because the option "Only search in selected directories/files" is checked while no directories or files are selected. And the option is disabled, so you can not change this option.
By the way, I think it is not useful that the option "Only search in selected directories/files" is saved when a search is saved. I think it might only be useful when the list of the selected directories and files at the moment of the save are also saved.
Sir_SiLvA
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sir_SiLvA »

Sorry but i dont consider this as a Bug if u can select files/dirs before loading the search its ur fault not of tc.

The PC is only as Clever as the User in front of it :D
Hoecker sie sind raus!
white
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *white »

Sir_SiLvA wrote:Sorry but i dont consider this as a Bug if u can select files/dirs before loading the search its ur fault not of tc.
I think this is a bug, because it is unwanted behaviour which is overlooked.
When you load a previously saved search you are able to change all options to suit your needs at the moments. Why not in this circumstance?

I think in this case the checkbox should be enabled. Furthermore when the user unchecks the checkbox the checkbox should become disabled so the user can not check the checkbox again.

Or a simple warning should be displayed after which the option "Only search in selected directories/files" (unlike the other options) would not be loaded from the previously saved search.

Again I do not understand how it can be useful to include this option when you save a search.