Source and target different (NOT TRUE!!!)

English support forum

Moderators: white, Hacker, petermad, Stefan2

Agony

Source and target different (NOT TRUE!!!)

Post by *Agony »

What does mean "SOURCE AND TARGET DIFFERENT"
Now: HOW I CAN SAVE THIS DATES ????? :roll:
Last edited by Agony on 2006-04-30, 19:30 UTC, edited 1 time in total.
karlchen
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *karlchen »

Hi, agony.

What are you talking about actually?

Suppose you are talking about an FTP download which took 48 hours.

How can you be sure the data on source and target are the same if TC tells your they are not?
Maybe the data on the source side DID change?
Maybe the data were not transferred correctly? (1 differing byte is enough)
What is the problem with saving the data? If TC transferred the files, then they are on your disk, no matter if they are corrupted or not.

And whom are you giving the order to answer so furiously?

I can understand that it is really annoying to wait 2 days for an FTP transfer to complete and then be told the transfer did not work correctly.
But what makes you so sure you are cleverer than TC?

A few more details and facts on what you did and to support your point of view might be helpful.

Karl
MX Linux 21.3 64-bit xfce, Total Commander 10.52 64-bit
The people of Alderaan keep on bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine.
The Prophet's Song
Sheepdog
Power Member
Power Member

Post by *Sheepdog »

After your impulsive eruption I can only guess what happened.

Maybe you could describe what you did and what happened and what you did expect.

I can't eve figure out which action of TC could perform this message (although I found it in the language file).

So if you can tell what happened maybe we can help you to solvew your problem. But please cool down a bit before your next post, nobody here on the forum is responsible for what happened to you data.

sheepdog
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
Agony

sorry

Post by *Agony »

Sorry for my emotion. :oops: Today I have found another source and I can resume on another ftp site!!!But I still don´t know why download couldn´t resume.

Describe: I had downloaded 3,97GB from friends ftp site, in evening i shuted off pc and next morning I resume download, next morning too, next morning too, BUT next day if I downloaded about 3GB I couldn´t resumed!TC was sent me error message in form: SOURCE AND TARGET DIFFERENT - but really THE FILE WAS SAME!!!I ask my friend who share this file and he prosime me that he NO CHANGE,NO MOVING, NO MODIFY etc. (It´s really my friend, so he hadn´t lying me).

I think this is a BUG in program.

Sorry for my english. I am from Czech Republic.
Clo

Forum for you---

Post by *Clo »

2Agony

:) Hello !

• You can post in your native language now in this forum :wink:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Agony

Post by *Agony »

THX :lol: , but I think I´m only one who wrote posts in forum :) and I need help from english speaking people
I can translate but still I can´t write so good. :oops:
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Agony,
Kludne napis, aspon budes navzdy zapisany ako prvy. To forum je nove, tak sa nemozes divit, ze tam este nie su prispevky. A odpovedia ti kvalifikovani ludia, neboj. ;)

Don't worry about the forum being empty so far, it's quite new so you can't wonder there are no posts. At least you would go down in history as the first poster. And you will certainly get replies from qualified people, don't worry. ;)

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.
Clo

Not even one word !

Post by *Clo »

2Hacker

:) Hello Roman :

• Not even one word for such a beautiful reply, just THIS ! :lol:

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
#31505 Traducteur Français de TC French translator Aide en Français Tutoriels Français English Tutorials
Agony

Post by *Agony »

Čau, tak snad jen pro radost :lol: . Je sice pěkné, že se založilo české a slovenské fórum, připadám si teď slavný :D, ale stále mi nikdo neodpověděl na můj původní dotaz, i když jsem se z počátku nejevil v dobrém světle :D

Hello, just only for gloat :D. It´s really nice that You was created cz&sk phorum, I feel famous :D, but I still haven´t got a answer for my question which I sent as first, although I don´t show in "good light" :D ("good light" is maybe idiom - I don´t know - that´s mean good person)
Hacker

Post by *Hacker »

Perhaps you could explain your problem in more detail? For instance - how can you be sure that the downloaded part of the file was really identical to the part on the server and that no transfer error occured?

Roman
Mal angenommen, du drückst Strg+F, wählst die FTP-Verbindung (mit gespeichertem Passwort), klickst aber nicht auf Verbinden, sondern fällst tot um.